Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

cazza’s Weight Loss Journey

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    cazza

Hi guys well I did wait a week until weighing myself and I have lost 5lb from the day before I had my surgery,which I think maybe is ok as I had the band and it is not inflated yet so no restriction there. But have tried to be sensible as much as I could be I can’t beleive it’s been 2 weeks no crisps no chocolate wine or vodka now that is a world record for me, I’m doing my best to stay focused as getting to know you guys is great support and it was lovely to meet new friends on Monday at the support group. I don’t know how much is expected to come off in the first week but I know they fill you with fluid so you have to get rid of that as well. The slop is much easier than I thought it would be.

Cazza

cazza

Hi Lindy Loo
    I am I weighed myself today 5lb gone post op in 1 week and as I had the band fitted and it’s not even inflated with any restriction I don’t thinks thats to bad.

Cazza

cherylp

Well done Cazza you are doing well. I look on it that I am still losing albeit now slowly but still a loss and a lot lighter than Iwas before band. I can’t remember how much I lost in that first week but you are right you dont have restriction. Being patient is not my style- more I want it and I want it now- but sadly its a good lesson in life to practice!
    Cheryl

Brains

Thats great Cazza well done – I have a friend who had a band last September and has lost 8.5 stone to date!!!!
    So whether you have a band or bypass hopefully we all should benefit xx

Precious

I put on weight whilst I was in hospital, against advice I weighted myself and Ifelt a little deflated! I also lost 5lb in the first week as well. Cheryl we are all the same, like I have previously said, I felt like I was going to come back from theatre slim lol, that it was an overnight thing, crazy I know! Cazza it does come off, you are doing well. I am 1 month bypass now and I feel fantastic, eatings not a problem now, no sickness, its great!!

Keep up the good work

xxx Precious xxx :kiss:

LINDY LOO

Well done cazza, 5lb is a lot.

Lindy Loo

Anonymous

Hi Cazza, Awesome results…. especially as weight gain in hospital is to be expected.
    Glad your finding the sloppies bareable…
    Fingers crossed this helps sort out the other adventures your be having in the future.

One thing for sure is you possitive attitude, your awareness and enthusiasm…
    Im sure this will be a turning point for you.

Well done, your on your way…

All the best.

Buzz x

cazza

whoopy i’ve lost another 2lb it’s now 7lb half a stone i’m really pleased with this I just hope it continues, If iv’e lost a stone or more by the time I have my 6 week check I will be happy. lisa from bariatric called me today to see how I was going. Seemed pleased now driving all stitches have come off as they were catching on my clothes. As a bander doesn’t normally loose as fast a a bypass as it’s not even filled yet so have no restriction i’m happy. :clap2:

Cazza

cazza

wow time is passing 2 wks ago today I had my band fitted I have lost 9lb now and have got my 1st band fill on 2nd Aug at 1.10pm if any of you guys will be at St Richards then say hi. I think i’m a bit more nervous of that than the actual op as to see how much restriction I will have will it hurt as i’m still a bit tender now I know i’ve still got a couple of weeks to go and due back to work next Friday not so good.
    Cazza

Claire

It’s a walk in the park Cazza – just make sure you hang around long enough to make sure you can drink a whole cup of water comfortably to make sure it goes down ok… you don’t want to end up having to go all te way back because it’s slightly too tight. Don’t worry too much if you don’t get a great deal of restriction first time round or if it eases off really quickly – this is normal… you will probably get another appointment another 4 weeks after that…

Hope it goes well for the 2nd, and it really doesn’t hurt any more than an injection does.

xxx

charlie78

hi was u there 1 july

cazza

Thanks Claire & Charlie yes I was I went home about 6pm that day
    Cazza

cazza

After feel like pants for putting weight back on 5lb and beating myself up about it well I had a little falling out with hubby (all ok now ) I didn’t eat for nearly 2 days with stress I just couldn’t face food until he made me eat some chicken.

when I went for my 2nd fill last Thursday I had lost the 5 lb plus another 1lb my band is tight now although not sure if to tight as being sick with most meals it may be that i’m adjusting after not having the restriction with my 1st fill I couldn’t eat pasta tonight but managed the mince so I thought that was ok and manged and chicken wrap lunch time drinking plenty of fluid and making sure no drink is around whilst having dinner and waiting.

I have got to be strong this week as going on a 9 night med cruise so there will be no A’la carte dinner for wedding anniversary this year but end result is worth it so in the last week I have lost 8lb so happy bunny may have been more if I hadn’t had wine or vodka but who can give everything up.

I said to Velia that I had got down about it but said what you guys said and she agreed trial and error don’t beat myself up it’s early days so thanks guys.
    Cazza:smile:

Anonymous

All is good in the end…. so you ,ight fluctuate…you fluctuator you….
    I have been up down in out for the last 9 months lol…

Starving yourself is not the best way to kick start a plateau, Claire wrote some very clear advice on another post about regular meals, little snacks and H2o….

As long as hubby understands it does get emotional and when your screaming its not at him, its just because he is closest…. It worked for me……

Glad to see you posting…..

Celebrating your acheivments…

Andy

Claire

That’s great news Cazza! And on the pasta – I still can’t eat it, like many bandsters. It may be one of those foods that you just have to forego in future… small price for a slim and sexy figure though! 😉

xxx

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media