Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

cazza’s Weight Loss Journey

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    cazza

Hi guy’s the band is now in place I only stayed in 1 night i’m tender still but i’m going to be. I met blondesafari (Natalie) who says hi and she is doing very well and will be back on line once home shhe is hoping for Sunday. I am finding that I am getting alot of pain in my shoulders but the nurse said that is air but I don’t know how long it’s likely to last. So now i’m on soup and angel delight custard the slop things. Jason (my hubby) surprised me when I got home he has brought me a pamper voucher to have a facial or something when i’m feeling better bless him.

Maggie

Congratulations Cazza!
    I don’t know many people who have had the band, you’ll have to tell me all about it.
    The pain in your shoulders is for sure the pain of the air they pumped into you. It doesn’t
    last long, and getting up and moving helps you get rid of it. What a sweet thing for hubby
    to do for you! Keep us posted.

Maggie

Welcome home, Cazza. It was good to meet you on Wednesday. Glad all went well, and well done, Jason! Good man! A lot of people suffer from the shoulder pain – it’s from where they pump you up. It should be gone after a couple of days. Take it easy now and don’t try and run before you can walk.
    xx

LINDY LOO

Welcome home Cassa, I hope you continue feeling okay. Your husband was very thoughtful and I bet it felt lovely.
    Lindy Loo

Brains

Congrats Cazza look forwadr to using your voucher xx

solucky

Singingsmall,

Are you feeling much better now? How did the op go and how long were you in for? xx

solucky

Cazza,

Excellent news, only trouble is once you get that pamper you’ll become addicted!! Enjoy. xx

Claire

Yay Cazza, glad everything went well and you’re home and recovering 🙂 As Maggie said, moving about helps with the trapped air, as does peppermint tea and maybe deflatine or windeze.

Any band questions, give us a shout and I’ll do my best to answer… Cheryl has a band too and there are a few other members who aren’t on here quite so often. I’m sure between us we’ll be able to help you out.

Take it easy
    xxx

cazza

Thanks Claire,
    was you on slop for 1 or 2 wks as the band isnt inflated yet & cant actually feel food going down not sure if just due to what im eating some have said afetr 2 wks i should be eating normal food but did you start to change it after 1 wk.

Carol

Ms Ellie

Welcome back Cazza xxx

Claire

@cazza 5278 wrote:

Thanks Claire,
    was you on slop for 1 or 2 wks as the band isnt inflated yet & cant actually feel food going down not sure if just due to what im eating some have said afetr 2 wks i should be eating normal food but did you start to change it after 1 wk.

Carol

Hi Carol

I religously stuck to the plan that St Richard’s gave me, can’t exactly remember what that was now as it was last year and I don’t know where my post op diet sheet is, but it was pretty much soups and yoghurts for the first week, pureed food the second week, mashed food the 3rd week and less mashed food the 4th before going onto normal food in the 5th.

You will probably find that there is actually a ml or so in your band as they do normally put a little in there to prime the band and there will be some swelling as well. You won’t feel any real kind of restriction until you start to eat foods with more texture, and don’t worry at all if you don’t feel much restriction until you start to have your fills, that’s perfectly normal. It’s a lucky bandster who does get restriction straight away. The great thing with Streamline is that they don’t make you hang around for ages for your first or subsequent fills, nor do they insist on only 1ml at a time, which some providers do, so you have a much better chance of getting good restriction sooner rather than later.

The most important thing to remember at the moment is to keep your fluid intake up.

There are still plenty of foods that I can’t even touch, like celery, lettuce, bread, pasta, tomato skin, red meat, cod (and any “meaty” fish…. BUT there are loads more that I can eat… chicken, rice, most veg and salad, salmon, prawns, pulses, beans… Everyone is different though, so your band may tolerate some foods better than mine does and others less well… there will be plenty of trial and error in the weeks to come. I made a post on a thread about being sick yesterday – have a read of it, it applies just as much to us as to peeps with bypasses.

Good luck hun and let us know how you get on.

xxx

cherylp

Well done Cazza – you’re on the losing side now- enjoy the ride!
    Cheryl x

Precious

Ohhhh the wind Cazza, damn nuisance that was, on day 4 I could have played the trumpet all day long …. I felt like a man, cos they can trump for England!! 😆 But after that it was gone pretty much, had a few giggles though.

Happy trumping … the more you do .. the more it eases !!

xx precious xx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media