Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Caution ahead

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    johncg

I all,

Had a strange feeling after my last fill (4weeks ago) that something was not right… Went to harrow clinic today and I possibly have a leak… Going back to clinic in two weeks to check levels and will take it from there… On the bright side I lost 1/2 stone in the last four weeks… Now 15.7 stone…. But That bloody BMI still shows obese…32.3….. But getting lower …..

So I’m happy that it’s coming down…

I’ll keep you posted.

Love John xxxxx

hides

Hello john

Oh hun thats not good. When you say something wasn’t right, please explain….. Was it a feeling, could you eat more……. ? It would be good to know what to watch out for.
    (if you can watch out for it….. But i’m sure you know what i mean ).

Heidi. X

johncg

Hi hides

You know your own body… Normally the restriction take about 6/8 weeks to subside before another fill is needed, but after around one week the restriction was almost gone… I had eight ml but today doctor could only take out 6ml where is the other 2ml???

I’m a little worried at worst it’s another op… Best is well I don’t know

Love John xxxx

hides

Will this be covered by the original op, or will you have to pay for the investigation….. ( not that it’s a crime…lol ). I know i am covered up till the 6 month mark, then i have an option to pay for an insurance policy (£750 per year ). Just thinking it might be worth doing, as you just never know. I’m sure your fills have been problem free up till now. I really wouldn’t want to have to pay another couple of thousand out…..

Anyway please keep us up to date, and i hope it is something simple and can be easily sorted .

Heidi. X

johncg

Hi hides an insurance policy was never mentioned….. I assumed like any product it came with at least a years warranty….. Or at least while I’m on scheme… But although I’m a bit upset I’m trying to stay positive. I was on the home straight

Love John xxxx

hides

Hi john
    Please do stay positive 🙂 , you have achieved soooo much,

Sorry if i’ve made you worried, it was just my curiousity incase it happened to me.

Heidi

hazelann70

Personally I would have thought the band and all it’s pipes should be covered for years! Let’s face it, the only way a leak can usually occur is through them putting a needle through the pipe and so that should surely mean it’s not down to you to have to pay for their mistake? Perhaps I’m talking out of turn but that’s just the way I see it.

Doodah
    Keymaster

@johncg 22292 wrote:

Hi hides an insurance policy was never mentioned….. I assumed like any product it came with at least a years warranty….. Or at least while I’m on scheme… But although I’m a bit upset I’m trying to stay positive. I was on the home straight

Love John xxxx

Bariatric Weight Loss Surgery: Aftercare Plan | Streamline Surgical

Hope this helps John xx

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Doodah.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by clare.williams.
    johncg

Hi doodah

I did look at this area and I already have the after care for two years but was looking as to what happens if my band is split and needs replacing. I did sent an email but have not had a reply

Love John. Xxx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hope you get sorted with it John

Doodah x

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media