Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Cannot sleep

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Paul-H
    Participant

Hi all

I am now about 5 weeks post surgery r-n-y bypass and all has been going well with steady weightloss, but for the last few nights I have either not been able to sleep or I only sleep for a few minuets at a time, I end up spending the night yawning by head off but stealing at the sealing. Is there anything I may be deficient in that effects sleep.

Thanks all

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Paul

It’s quite possible that as you have lost so much weight, your energy levels are higher than they used to be. Your body isn’t having to work so hard carrying itself around so it can sometimes lead to a bit of a change in sleeping habits for a while.

You say you are 5 weeks post surgery so aftwer 6 weeks, when you have the ok from your GP and team, why not start some gentle exercise? It will tire you out physically and pep you up mentally. You will be surprised how much easier things have become for you and you could even end up loving exercise/going to the gym!

If your sleeplessness becomes problematic or starts affecting your work, then maybe you should ask your GP for some advice.

Hope that helps.

Doodah x

Paul-H
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Doodah. For some odd reason the problem just went away, thankfully.

Paul

Doodah
    Keymaster

That’s the sort of news I love to hear! :-))

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media