Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Calories?

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi guys,
    I’m 6 weeks out now and have lost 3 stone 3 pounds including my pre op diet.
    So far I’m convinced I’m losing very slow as I lost majority of my weight pre op. I lost 1 stone 7 pounds pre op. So I’ve only really lost 1 stone 10 pounds in 6 weeks which I’m really disappointed about..
    But my question is how many calories a day should I be consuming. I’m on roughly 600 my nutritionist says anything up to 800 but I’m losing so slowly I think maybe I’m taking in to much?
    Lily x 🙂

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Lily

It’s highly possible that you are not eating ENOUGH! It’s a mistake to take in even fewer calories if your weight loss slows down or stops as it’s the body’s way of protecting itself against ‘famine’ (which is what our bodies think is going on!) Having said that, 24lbs in six weeks is 4lbs a week which is above the average weight loss after surgery. Please try to remember how brilliant that is and how pleased you would be if you could manage that without surgery. It’s a fabulous, regular loss so jolly well done!

Hope this helps.

Doodah x

Emily.p

Hi Lily

I agree with Doodah my weight loss didnt really kick in until recently now that I am eating more. Like Doodah said you are doing really well so dont worry it will happen in time. Good luck.

Emily

ruby tuesday

Lily luvy, you have done amazingly well to loose what you have, so have no worries at all, and totally agree with Doodah, remember women are supposed to be on 15oo calories per day, and a 500 calorie daily weight loss programme is the lowest drastice LCD available, and is only just enough to maintain the body with the aim of it using up its muscle store.

Also, post-surgery you are still swollen inside, still healing, still retaining fluid etc. and your body need the nutrients and the time to recover. If your weight comes off steadily, it is better for your health and allows your skin to adjust, hopefully minimising sagginess. Remember, you have approx. 18 months in which you can loose the excess weight and it does need to be spread out over that time, or it can put too much strain on the body’s organs.

In short, don’t worry, pat yourself on the back and buy a smaller item of clothing, you are doing fine. xx

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media