Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Calories – part 3

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 34327 wrote:

I can’t stress how important the protein is to heal and for your hair . You can now buy high protein yogurts and flavour them with sugar free syrups . . I use a ramakin dish and also have brought carol ball Baratric plate . Both I use every meal time . If I think I hadn’t had enough protein then I have a couple of milky drinks . If I’m stressed and can’t eat I turn to milk to get my protein . I never thought after the milk diet that I would love milk like I do lol

Exactly like me, Kim. I still love a nice glass of cold milk. I haven’t had a flavoured milk in ages so I’m going to order some sugar free strawberry syrup for myself this week! YUM.

This is the link to the sugar free syrups sold on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_10?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=sugar+free+syrup&sprefix=sugar+free%2Caps%2C146

They are dispatched quickly and are very good value for money 😉 No I am not on commission lol!

Doodah x

bikerchris
    Participant

The chew chew chew thing, normally I’m pretty good at following the rules but this afternoon I dashed in and was starving. I made a piece of toast and ate some cheese far too quickly and without a thorough chew. Oh I did suffer and it’s my own fault. Basically I’d left too long a gap between breakfast and lunch, also I hadn’t planned what to have so I grabbed the first thing.

I’m just starting to feel well again now
    Silly me.

Chris

Lauren
    Keymaster

@bikerchris 34346 wrote:

The chew chew chew thing, normally I’m pretty good at following the rules but this afternoon I dashed in and was starving. I made a piece of toast and ate some cheese far too quickly and without a thorough chew. Oh I did suffer and it’s my own fault. Basically I’d left too long a gap between breakfast and lunch, also I hadn’t planned what to have so I grabbed the first thing.

I’m just starting to feel well again now
    Silly me.

Chris

I did exactly the same last night. Was hungry after leaving 7 hours between lunch and dinner then wolfed down pasta. It proves that, even after seven years, mistakes happen. I have taken half an hour to eat one slice of toast this morning – just to be sure lol! Daft thing is I am a naturally slow eater. Volume of food was never my problem before wls – it was all about bad choices for me. A serious sugar/fat addiction. But hey, we are mere mortals right? We make mistakes. We just have to try to make sure we don’t make them too often!

Glad you are feeling a bit better 😉

Doodah x

bikerchris
    Participant

Here’s an odd thing. After my error of judgment with the toast and cheese, I had a really ‘hungry’ day yesterday. I had my usual meals but was hungry again shortly after. Thankfully I made sensible choices and chewed well but its unusual for me to need to add snacks to my day.

I know my observation is unscientific and just the one day, but thought I’d mention it

Chris xx

bikerchris
    Participant

Here’s an odd thing. After my error of judgment with the toast and cheese, I had a really ‘hungry’ day yesterday. I had my usual meals but was hungry again shortly after. Thankfully I made sensible choices and chewed well but its unusual for me to need to add snacks to my day.

I know my observation is unscientific and just the one day, but thought I’d mention it

Chris xx

I have no idea why that posted twice

Lauren
    Keymaster

@bikerchris 34360 wrote:

Chris xx

I have no idea why that posted twice

Hahaha! You wanted to make sure we all read it! It is fascinating Chris. I wonder why that happened? I’d like to think it was your body saying ‘Give me a break!’ – also highly unscientific 😉

Doodah x

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media