Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Bypass surgery

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    treeza

Just seen GP to see possibility of having surgery via NHS route & although she said she was going to suggest surgery the last time I saw her & is right behind me having it she informed me it will take over a year!! So self funding it is! Seeing Chris Pring on Thurs so let’s see how if goes x I really can not wait over a year I need it done ASAP!

katy

Hey hun

That’s brilliant that she is supportive as it really helps post op to have a go that is behind you. Mine is fab and has been brilliant through the whole process. Just little things like getting your vitamins prescribed helps!
    I had the misfortune if seeing a different dr in the practice a week post op as mine was on holiday. She was absolutely awful and told me she would never have supported my application! I left in tears and refused to ever see her again!
    Good luck for Thursday m’dear. Let me know how you get on
    Love
    Katy xx

treeza

Thanks Katy. She was great asked if I needed a letter of referral? Said if I needed anything to get in touch with her. Very reassuring to know she’s got my back! Some GP’s just don’t have a clue! I’m so excited about it all & can’t wait to see Chris on Thurs only 2 days to go!
    Thanks for everything Katy xxx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Katy, I’m so sorry you had to go through that. I too have an excellent GP and boy does it make a difference.

How dare that woman say that to you? Surely, even just trying to be a decent human being and saying nothing should have been her response.? She is entitled to her opinion but to be downright rude (when you have already had it done) is unforgivable and downright unprofessional. Honestly, some medical people need hauling into the 21st century by their braces/bra straps.

You have saved the NHS thousands of pounds in future care. Ooh, I’m angry for you!!

Doodah x

Doodah
    Keymaster

@treeza 28451 wrote:

Thanks Katy. She was great asked if I needed a letter of referral? Said if I needed anything to get in touch with her. Very reassuring to know she’s got my back! Some GP’s just don’t have a clue! I’m so excited about it all & can’t wait to see Chris on Thurs only 2 days to go!
    Thanks for everything Katy xxx

So glad you have a decent GP. It makes such a difference to your sense of worth. Chris Pring is great. Really down to earth and so compassionate (as are all our surgeons) because it is all about the patient. Which is exactly as it should be 😉

Doodah x

Whitey

So glad to hear you have a supportive GP. I had a awful GP who even made me pay for a private appointment when I went on Lighterlife! I had to self fund because of this lack of support. I was lucky enough to be in a position to self fund but realise how hard it must be to fight for support from your GP as well as face the fight to get funding. Being a self funder gave me the choice of finding a good surgeon. All the research I did told me to find an experienced surgeon to reduce any risks. You are in good hands with Streamline so good luck with your op x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Thank you for your positive words about Streamline. Of course, I am biased both professionally and personally! they saved my life and did it with compassion, skill and without judgement things that should be standard but often aren’t 🙁

Doodah x

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media