Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Books

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    natclaire33

Hi everyone,

I know when I went to the last support group in portsmouth, people said about books that had and are being helpful, Could youlet me know which ones are good and that you have found helpfull etc. I want to get some to read before and after to get hints and tips with diets etc after even though i will have guidance from the dietitian on the team at the hospital where I am being treated.

I was thinking if there were any cook books that were good etc

Thanks for your help

Natalie

Lauren
    Keymaster

@natclaire33) 32282 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I know when I went to the last support group in portsmouth, people said about books that had and are being helpful, Could youlet me know which ones are good and that you have found helpfull etc. I want to get some to read before and after to get hints and tips with diets etc after even though i will have guidance from the dietitian on the team at the hospital where I am being treated.

I was thinking if there were any cook books that were good etc

Thanks for your help

Natalie

RETURN TO SLENDER COOKBOOK IS HERE | Carol

Carol’s books (1 & 2) are absolutely brilliant. You can get the portion plate from her too.

Carol is hoping to come along to a group sometime soon (she is a very busy lady!) to share all her tips and advice. I’m really looking forward to it.

Nat, have you joined the Facebook group yet? I sent you the email to sign up 😉

Doodah x

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by Lauren.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by clare.williams.
    natclaire33

Thanks for that have made a note i have like the streamline surgical page if thats the one you are on about. I will go back through my emails and check

Kimberly
    Participant

Can’t recommend Carole book enough it was the most helpful book I read . And of course the hand out from streamline helped loads .

natclaire33

Thanks for the tips on the books the return to slender ones, well I have ordered them so now just have to wait for them to arrive.

treeza

They are fab x they are also mailed up
    With the different stages. Carol also does a list of things you may want in you cupboard. Wishing you all the very best x

natclaire33

thanks for the comment, I am looking forward to actually getting them and having a read,

Lauren
    Keymaster

Some of the recipes (in fact most of them) can be adapted for no wls people very, very easily. They are all healthy so it is just a matter of increasing the portion size for non bariatrics!

Doodah x

natclaire33

The two return to slender books arrived today, just opened them and a quick look through, they look really good with great ideas and the way the recipies are colour coded for the different stages after the surgery, going to have a proper look tomorrow on my day off

Lauren
    Keymaster

They’re great aren’t they? there are other books of course but I found Carol’s to be so easy to follow and with every day ingredients. Nothing fancy shmancy. Just things you would have in the store cupboard, freezer or fridge.

I’m getting really excited for you Natalie – can you tell haha!?

Doodah x

natclaire33

just slightly! I have told one of my closest friends that I am having this done, i was really worried about her reaction she lost alot of weight through a slimming club not to mention any names.

She was really nice she said all she wants is for me to be happy and work with the sleeve and not eat crap like some people we work with that have had wls in the past. I am now feeling relaxed about people knowing

Lauren
    Keymaster

@natclaire33) 32306 wrote:

just slightly! I have told one of my closest friends that I am having this done, i was really worried about her reaction she lost alot of weight through a slimming club not to mention any names.

She was really nice she said all she wants is for me to be happy and work with the sleeve and not eat crap like some people we work with that have had wls in the past. I am now feeling relaxed about people knowing

What a lovely, supportive friend! I truly believe that once people see that wls is not the easy option, they are more supportive. Some people believe (largely thanks to the media) that we have the surgery then hey presto, we are slimmer for the rest of our lives with absolutely no effort on our part! That will never exist! Any method of weight loss and better health takes commitment, effort and patience. The hardest part is keeping it off. That’s here friend’s like your come in. We all need help and support – forever.

I’m really glad you feel better about it now.

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Who coming to the Portsmouth support group this Thursday ? I just love meeting up with you all excited xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 32313 wrote:

Who coming to the Portsmouth support group this Thursday ? I just love meeting up with you all excited xxx

It would be just you my lovely as it is next Thursday – the 19th!

I love our meetings too. Such a wonderful bunch of people 🙂

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

No ha ha that’s so funny can’t stop laughing ��

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media