Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Bloods

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    treeza

I had routine bloods done about 6 weeks ago & was asked to re do after 3 weeks as liver functions raised. Had them re done 2 weeks ago & GP has asked to see me (non urgent appoint which is reassuring) have appoint on tues to see what that’s all about but then got another letter today saying labs want a vitamin B12. test done! Anything to worry about? Mr Pring said a couple of weeks ago he wasn’t worried about the raised liver functions!

Doodah
    Keymaster

@treeza 29660 wrote:

I had routine bloods done about 6 weeks ago & was asked to re do after 3 weeks as liver functions raised. Had them re done 2 weeks ago & GP has asked to see me (non urgent appoint which is reassuring) have appoint on tues to see what that’s all about but then got another letter today saying labs want a vitamin B12. test done! Anything to worry about? Mr Pring said a couple of weeks ago he wasn’t worried about the raised liver functions!

If Chris Pring isn’t worried and your GP appointment isn’t urgent, I think it might be safe to say that you don’t have too much to worry about. However, I am not a clinician so you might find it comforting to contact your team and ask them for clarification.

Please let us know how you get on.

Doodah x

treeza

Just had blood test for vitamin b12 as labs suggested. Will see GP tues am. Probably just need Vit b12 injections! Would explain the fatigue, tiredness & low concentration! On holiday next week thank goodness! Otherwise I feel fab!

Hey I’m usually looking for cloths in my wardrobe that aren’t skin tight now I’m looking for ones that don’t hang like a sack!!! :0))x my manager said yesterday get a new uniform that ones hanging on you, you need one that fits! How happy am I? :0)x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Isn’t it just the best thing?

I remember the dread of holiday shopping – two shops to choose from (or online) and hoping and praying that they went up to a size 34. Never mind whether or not I actually liked it – if it fitted, I bought it. Worst thing to get? Underwear. Plus I always had the dread of a customs officer opening my suitcase and pulling out all my gigantic knickers!! Totally irrational I know (why on earth would they want to check MY suitcase?)

Anyway, none of that for you anymore!! Have you warned your boss that the new uniform might only fit you for a few months too lol!?

Doodah x

treeza

Yes I’ve said I won’t change until the new year & I’m brave enough to go into trousers as new uniform will be scrubs!!! Eeek I never wear trousers!!! She’s happy to wait until I’m happy to change! 2 or 3 more stone I think?! xxx

Doodah
    Keymaster

@treeza 29675 wrote:

Yes I’ve said I won’t change until the new year & I’m brave enough to go into trousers as new uniform will be scrubs!!! Eeek I never wear trousers!!! She’s happy to wait until I’m happy to change! 2 or 3 more stone I think?! xxx

Two or three? Treeza, I wore a pair of sweatpants to get ready for my dear friend Toni’s wedding with her. We had to move some stuff from the car to the room. I picked up a box (that wasn’t heavy just an awkward size) and started walking down the corridor. I kid you not, the pants dropped to my ankles and I almost fell over! We were laughing so much I almost had another type of ‘accident’. They were only two sizes too big (comfort dictates everything to me) and it is reckoned that you lose a dress size for every stone lost. SO, beware!

Doodah x

treeza

Oh Doodah I have the image & it’s made me giggle! Problem is the uniform I’m wearing now the skirt will soon be dropping off me & the top is hanging like a sack! I’m guessing that’s why my big boss thinks I should get a new one now! I’ve still got at least another 10 stone to loss so getting another one now would be a waste of money! I hope your feeling a lot better x lots of love xxx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Just so long as your dignity remains intact Treeza! No amount of money spent can buy that back once it’s lost haha!

Another ten stones is not a small amount of weight to be sure, but I know you will succeed. Imagine how you are going to feel when you slip into your size 12 uniform 😉

Doodah x

treeza

Hi guys just seen GP b12 ok but folate low so she’s given me tablets. BP normal yay! Still only on 2 tablets. Seen as I was on 5 pre op I’m delighted. liver functions still raised but they don’t seemed too concerned so I won’t be!

treeza

PS does anyone now how often we should have bloods checked? GP asked & I didn’t know?

Doodah
    Keymaster

SO glad everything is tickety boo Treeza.

The guideline is 12 months for blood check ups but I have mine done every 6 months. It is what I would suggest to your GP in the early stages, then see how you get on. If there are no significant changes every six months then you could drop it down to 12 unless you have any concerns.

Me and my family have an inherited blood disorder so we get checked regularly, however, I think it would be prudent to err on the side of caution and suggest 6 months to begin with.

Hope this helps

Doodah x

treeza

Thanks Doodah GP said 3 or 6 months so I will suggest 6 monthly. I’m feeling great though. Yay :0)x how are you feeling now Doodah? x

Kimbo

I am 7 months post bypass now and my GP hasn’t offered me to do any bloods as yet. I had my bypass on a private basis do you think it’s cheeky to ask him if I can have bloods done on the NHS? What is it about my blood that I am asking them to check is it just iron levels ?
    I am seeing Mr Somers, Nicole and one of the nurses for a review next Wednesday at the Sudbury Clinic is it likely I will get a blood test done at that appointment does anybody know ?
    Sorry if the questions seem a bit stupid but I genuinely don’t have a clue !!

treeza

Kimbo I just happen to need my usual yearly bloods for hypertension & in taking them they found a few problems so re tested! I believe you should have regular bloods. I’d speak to the consultant & nurse next week. Your consultant may put something about it in your letter to the GP. I had my bypass privately it shouldn’t mean your not looked after by the NHS for some of your post operative care. I hope your well x

Kimbo

Thanks Treeza I will ask and see what he says on Wednesday as I would just like to check that everything is ok as I do seem to get tired very quickly these days
    I’m really pleased with how it’s going I’ve lost 6 stone in the 7 months so far and i feel so much better for it has been worth every penny and has completely changed my health and therefore my life, no more asthma medication, no more blood pressure tablets or mepradec for gastric reflux I’m so much happier and I’m sure nicer to be around for my long suffering husband. I would like to lose another 3 stone so there is a little way to go yet as the weight loss has slowed but I am determined to make the most of the wonderful opportunity and tool I’ve been given so I will get there eventually
    Take care
    Kim x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media