Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

blood sugar issue?

Home ยป Topics ยป Surgical Journey ยป The Gastric Bypass Operation ยป blood sugar issue?

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    mandyl

hi
    wondering if anyone can help
    i have suffered with what i thought was my anxiety symptoms for about 6wks now.
    i went through 2wks where everything was great,then was poorly with a mix of dumping and medication probs. ive not really been the same since ๐Ÿ™
    after eating somethings i get a weird feeling like,a mix of sicky unsettled kinda thing. not dumping but almost like the feeling you get when your panicky( which i dont think iam) i can also get a headache . i can also just not feel right . sorry its so vague but its hard to explain. i always thought it was anxiety/panic attacks but im really starting to wonder.
    i have heard of something relating to your blood sugar and wondered if anyone else has and if they can give any advice? ive had fasting bloods before but i mainly feel worse after eating or if i go a long time between eating.
    thanks for listening, a sad mandy ๐Ÿ™

Gayle

Hope you find an answer and become happy Mandy ?

Doodah
    Keymaster

@mandyl 20766 wrote:

hi
    wondering if anyone can help
    i have suffered with what i thought was my anxiety symptoms for about 6wks now.
    i went through 2wks where everything was great,then was poorly with a mix of dumping and medication probs. ive not really been the same since ๐Ÿ™
    after eating somethings i get a weird feeling like,a mix of sicky unsettled kinda thing. not dumping but almost like the feeling you get when your panicky( which i dont think iam) i can also get a headache . i can also just not feel right . sorry its so vague but its hard to explain. i always thought it was anxiety/panic attacks but im really starting to wonder.
    i have heard of something relating to your blood sugar and wondered if anyone else has and if they can give any advice? ive had fasting bloods before but i mainly feel worse after eating or if i go a long time between eating.
    thanks for listening, a sad mandy ๐Ÿ™

Hi Mandy

I definitely think this is one for your GP to sort out for you. It does sound like diabetic hypo but then dumping can feel like that! So, if I were you, I would get along to your GP for more tests. If it IS panic attacks, then you still need to get help with them.

Hope you soon feel better ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

mandyl

thanks sue
    oh ive done mostly everything re panic attacks. doesnt feel like dumping as if i do dump there isnt any doubt lol.
    gp next week yet again ๐Ÿ™ x

I think you should ask for a blood test. I felt odd after my op and it was discovered that I had low haemoglobin levels and needed a blood transfusion.

Whatever your problem is, I hope that your Dr can help you.

Good luck!

mandyl

thanks rr
    had them in the past but will be asking again x

shelleymarie

Hey mandyl,

Have you had an update yet? I’ve not had my op but blood sugars have always worried me as ever since I had pancreatitis I’ve suffered with low blood sugar and worried how I will maintain it after surgery. I’d be very interested to see how you are getting on and if it is related but mainly because I hope you are more comfortable and not having more problems ๐Ÿ™‚

Take care and best of luck ๐Ÿ™‚

ruby tuesday

Hi Mandy, just wondering if you have had your GP appt. yet? I find I often feel sick when I have just eaten, and have no idea why, so can understand this is worrying you, and hope you can find a solution. xx

mandyl

certainly have and it was yet again a complete waste of time ๐Ÿ™
    she looked at me blankley and said ask mr slater! ok so when i see him or mr pring i must remember to ask them. nevermind that i will be sedated after having a camera stuck down my throat!
    i just give up

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Mandy. Could be stress? If you are waiting to have a procedure, no matter how routine, it can make you stressed and we all know how that affects digestion! Hope you get sorted x

Doodah x

mandyl

it certainly could
    what with the bike accident and dreading my endo and ct apps. mind you i may have helped mr slater with that,as for the 2nd time ive been bringing up brown stuff(sorry) which i understand can be a sign of an ulcer ๐Ÿ™

ruby tuesday

I gather ulcers are a risk after the surgery, but I am sure the endoscopy is going to show up the answer, and I am a woose when it comes to these too, and kicked and fought during my last one (didn’t know I was doing it till afterwards), but at least is doesn’t last very long, and then they can move on to helping you properly. Hope this is soon sorted for you. xx

mandyl

ive had one and it was awful and then i was really poorly,so this time iam dreading it more than ever.
    nhs direct last night said they dont think its that and i could have stones even though my gallbladder was removed! aarrgghhh

Doodah
    Keymaster

Yikes, that sounds terrible Mandy. Hope things are improving for you ๐Ÿ™‚

Doodah x

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media