Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Be Prepared

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

You are in NO WAY the biggest moaner in the group. I think that particular (dubious) crown is actually mine haha!

My old Uncle, Gordon Bennett, (yes that really was his name!) was the best moaner of all time. he used to mumble ‘Stuff my old boots’ before moaning about everything from being served tea in a non bone china cup, to the fish not biting when down on the beach. He was adored by us all. A true eccentric.

Anyway, back to the point…moaning to people who truly understand and care is cathartic and, therefore, should be encouraged.

Doodah x

bikerchris
    Participant

A little excitement for me today. Today was the day that the first person asked me if I had lost some weight, and this person doesn’t know I’ve had surgery. It gave me a real boost, not that I’m in need of a boost, I’m happy and I feel well.

Another milestone is that I am today 4 weeks post op so can now introduce soft foods, which felt a bit odd after 2 weeks of milk and 4 weeks of puree. In fact I felt a bit apprehensive about taking on anything new in case I wasn’t ready. Anyway I made a scrambled egg for my tea and really enjoyed it.

And I believe I have my profile picture up now so you can all see me!

Chris xx

bikerchris
    Participant

Ah my pic didn’t post, hmmmmm

treeza

Gosh your already 4 weeks post op. Time goes so fast. I glad you enjoyed your egg. I loved eggs pre op but they really don’t like me :0(x I hope you get you picture sorted x take care x keep up the great work xxx

Kimberly
    Participant

Well done enjoy this stage and just accept the compliments , we still have to work at weight loss , eating healthy for us food , exercising , it’s a tool how we use it is so important , keep up your good work , have you any other first Chris , I have a bucket lust if things I wanted to do after surgery ,

Lauren
    Keymaster

@bikerchris 32215 wrote:

Ah my pic didn’t post, hmmmmm

Have sent you a private message Chris 😉

Lauren
    Keymaster

@bikerchris 32213 wrote:

A little excitement for me today. Today was the day that the first person asked me if I had lost some weight, and this person doesn’t know I’ve had surgery. It gave me a real boost, not that I’m in need of a boost, I’m happy and I feel well.

Another milestone is that I am today 4 weeks post op so can now introduce soft foods, which felt a bit odd after 2 weeks of milk and 4 weeks of puree. In fact I felt a bit apprehensive about taking on anything new in case I wasn’t ready. Anyway I made a scrambled egg for my tea and really enjoyed it.

And I believe I have my profile picture up now so you can all see me!

Chris xx

That moment is PRICELESS. So different form all the years of losing weight and no one even noticing! I’m so happy for you.

Doodah x

ps I can see the profile pic and you look fantastic. I think you need to upload an avatar too as profile pic and avatar are not the same thing.

bikerchris
    Participant

Hi again

Yup that was it, I just didn’t realise the difference between a profile pic and an avatar, doh!

Well today a second person asked about my weight loss so it must be true, and I’m wearing a pair of trousers that I can’t remember when I last had on. So Kimberly, I suppose that counts as a first, wearing clothes that were previously too small. With regard to other things, I wrote a wish list before my surgery. All my wishes are there waiting to be achieved as yet but I’m looking forward to ticking them off as I continue this journey. And of course looking forward to sharing them with all you lovely people. This really is a great forum for help and support. As I’ve said before, because I’m miles away, the chances of me getting to the support groups are minimal, so it is great to feel I can have as much contact as I want as often as I want with others.

One other thing is that although all my surgical woulds are healing well, one of my stitches had failed to dissolve and it has been driving me up the wall with itching and irritation. Thankfully, today I managed to thoroughly investigate with tweezers and a magnifying glass and was able pull quite a long length of thread free, oh the relief was wonderful.

Love Chris xx

Kimberly
    Participant

Fantastic getting into smaller sizes soon your be putting them in a bin bag . Some people have made money selling them on ebay . I found I was going down a size in a month some people have been even quicker . It’s very exciting times xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@bikerchris 32232 wrote:

Hi again

Yup that was it, I just didn’t realise the difference between a profile pic and an avatar, doh!

Well today a second person asked about my weight loss so it must be true, and I’m wearing a pair of trousers that I can’t remember when I last had on. So Kimberly, I suppose that counts as a first, wearing clothes that were previously too small. With regard to other things, I wrote a wish list before my surgery. All my wishes are there waiting to be achieved as yet but I’m looking forward to ticking them off as I continue this journey. And of course looking forward to sharing them with all you lovely people. This really is a great forum for help and support. As I’ve said before, because I’m miles away, the chances of me getting to the support groups are minimal, so it is great to feel I can have as much contact as I want as often as I want with others.

One other thing is that although all my surgical woulds are healing well, one of my stitches had failed to dissolve and it has been driving me up the wall with itching and irritation. Thankfully, today I managed to thoroughly investigate with tweezers and a magnifying glass and was able pull quite a long length of thread free, oh the relief was wonderful.

Love Chris xx

Glad you got you pic sorted and now we can all see how fab you are looking!

I had a stitch like that in my gum last year after an horrendous wisdom tooth extraction (fractured jaw!) and it drove me up the wall day and night haha! It was almost as bad as the pain – how ridiculous is that?!

I sold my big clothes on eBay and made over £300! Plus size clothes go very, very quickly. Well worth the effort 😉

Doodah x

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media