Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

BBC Horizon – The truth about FAT

Home » Topics » General Section » Obesity & Weight Loss Surgery Debates and Media. » BBC Horizon – The truth about FAT

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    charabanc

Hello everyone,

Did anyone see tonights episode of Horizon on BBC, it was very informative.
    I thought it was excellent, and just goes to show it is NOT MY FAULT that I am pre disposed to be FAT!
    Seriously though, if you can get it on BBC iPlayer or similar, have a look at it.

Thats all folks.!

Doodah
    Keymaster

I watched it too. I also thought it was excellent: a huge stride forward to dispelling the nasty myth that all fat people are lazy, greedy, thick and pitiful ;-))

Doodah x

Doodah
    Keymaster

BBC Two – Horizon, 2011-2012, The Truth about Fat

Here is the link for anyone who didn’t see it: pinched from Streamline’s facebook page 😉

Doodah x

hazelann70

I wastched about 1/3 of it before falling asleep. What I did see was fantastic though (me falling asleep is quite normal when I put something REALLY interesting on – rather frustrating as it takes me days to get though a 60 minute program). I’m looking forward to seeing the rest (I recorded it thankfully).

It’s just a shame that we now can’t all say we are fat due to our genes as people who have never encountered fattness in their lives will say it’s just another excuse. At least we know better now.

katy

Brilliant documentary with fascinating insights into the ‘obese’ brain! I have recommended a watch to all of my friends and family and will be putting a link on my blog. It’s so nice to see some proper, evidence based research into hormonal changes and genetic links to obesity.
    K x

kathc

Thanks for posting link I saw it was on halfway through it and was gutted I’d missed . Will check it out .

Katherine .

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media