Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Bariatric Megastore

Home ยป Topics ยป Surgical Journey ยป Eating and Drinking Pre and Post Weight Loss Surgery ยป Bariatric Megastore

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Floyd

What do you buy from the Bariatric Megastore?

Looks like some nice stuff on there but just wondered…

Cheers
    Floydee

jansus28

Nona the dietitian said its good very expensive but if she was to buy anything it would be the B12 supplements if we need it Saves having injections. So bare that in mind if u become B12 deficient

Anonymous

Hi! i just bought some of the sugar free syrups for my coffee. Hope they are nice. As for B12 – I get patch’s online. My GP wont give me the injection but sometimes i need the boost – we all know our own bodies better than the gp’s. So I buy them & just stick them on for a month & I am good as new. Will let you know what the syrups are like. oh also bought the cooking chocolate as i bake so thought i would give it a go.

Doodah
    Keymaster

@kimstreak 27331 wrote:

Hi! i just bought some of the sugar free syrups for my coffee. Hope they are nice. As for B12 – I get patch’s online. My GP wont give me the injection but sometimes i need the boost – we all know our own bodies better than the gp’s. So I buy them & just stick them on for a month & I am good as new. Will let you know what the syrups are like. oh also bought the cooking chocolate as i bake so thought i would give it a go.

Thanks for this post Kim. Very, very interesting re: the B12 patches. Also interested to hear what the chocolate is like as I bake too.

Doodah x

Anonymous

I will do. not sure when my order will come tho ๐Ÿ™ OOOH I will email you the recipe i made on saturday!!! so nom nom

Doodah
    Keymaster

Droooool!!! Thanks Kim x

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi guys

Just wondering what the symptoms of B12 deficiency was, just so I can keep an eye out as time goes on.

Kimstreak, where do you get your patches from.

Thanks

Paul

Doodah
    Keymaster

@Paul-H 27349 wrote:

Hi guys

Just wondering what the symptoms of B12 deficiency was, just so I can keep an eye out as time goes on.

Kimstreak, where do you get your patches from.

Thanks

Paul

Anaemia, Vitamin B12 or Folate Deficiency – NHS Choices

Amazon.co.uk: vitamin b12 patches

There you go Paul ๐Ÿ˜‰ They are not authorised by Streamline Surgical I’m simply showing you the results of my Google search. ALWAYS check with your GP first.

Doodah x

Anonymous

Got my order now to think of something yummy to make with the stuff… tho i dont have the energy as i “dumped” last night – yesterday was not a good day for me. everything went wrong but at least I am still here ๐Ÿ™‚ have a good day all.

ooohh Yes I did check with my GP first before i used the patches.

k

Doodah
    Keymaster

Oh Kim. So sorry to hear that my lovely. I hate having days like that.

I hardly ever dump in the Summer months or if I’m on holiday (even though I can never be 100% certain of fat/sugar content) and I believe it’s down to being warm. I simply cannot tolerate certain foods in the Winter. I get SO cold that I just can’t digest them. This is when good old fashioned home made soup comes into it’s own. Slips down a treat and is warming and nutritious. Mind you, I have my adorable little sister on my side supplying me with fresh home made soup. She freezes it into portions, then ferries it to me – literally as she lives on the Isle of Wight!

Hope you have a much better day today Kim. Stay warm and be kind to yourself xx

Doodah x

Anonymous

i think i will be sticking to soup today. it was my favourite meal of mac & cheese – but it no like me ๐Ÿ™ ah well.

yes going to be ultra good to myself today ๐Ÿ™‚

stay warm too Doodah xxx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Thanks Kim. As we speak I have my feet in my heated ‘big slipper’ and am sitting on a heated, massage chair thingy. Let’s hope I don’t nod off and bang my head on my desk haha!

Doodah x

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media