Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Bandaid tips required by 66 years old male newbie due to be banded on 7/4/2015

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » The Gastric Band operation » The first 6 months of the Gastric Band » Bandaid tips required by 66 years old male newbie due to be banded on 7/4/2015

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 7 posts - 91 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

@loulou19 33665 wrote:

It would be so easy to blame every ailment on ‘the bypass’, I have a medical background and my imagination runs riot !

Glad you are sorted Kimberley
    xx

This is such an important point.

We all do it (several of the South Coast support group members are clinicians.) But it is hugely important not to assume that anything that feels uncomfortable or even just a bit ‘weird’ is down to wls. It actually could be something serious yet totally unrelated.

Make sure that, if you are in pain or feeling dreadful, you ask your GP about it. Always better to be safe than sorry.

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

lol nurses are the worse ��no really I thought I had wind no appendix . So I go from ignoring seriouse things to its a tumour for a headache .. My problem is that I was so physically ill for many years that I don’t know what normal and what’s seriouse

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 33674 wrote:

lol nurses are the worse ??no really I thought I had wind no appendix . So I go from ignoring seriouse things to its a tumour for a headache .. My problem is that I was so physically ill for many years that I don’t know what normal and what’s seriouse

Exactly like me Kim! I went to the optician for a regular check up and told him I had a bit of a headache. I expected him to say I needed stronger glasses but instead, he sent me straight to hospital. My blood pressure was so high he could see it in my eyes!!! What are we like eh?

You do make me laugh Kim 🙂

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Why did that make me laugh dodah . We are all so naughty Teresa you included in this post . I think that’s why we need this forum to help each other .

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 33715 wrote:

Why did that make me laugh dodah . We are all so naughty Teresa you included in this post . I think that’s why we need this forum to help each other .

Going from ‘just a headache to a tumour’ is what made me laugh! You are so right – we do need to take care of and support each other in any and every way we can xx

Doodah x

Clive Holton

Hi Lelly,
    So glad to know that you have your date & you must be so pleased? You have so much to look forward to & I’m sure that you will get to the weight you want. You have been so patient!
    I went to my 4 week post-op appointment today & was very pleased with my weight loss but I still have a long way to go.
    Let’s hope we are successful together!
    Best Wishes, Clive.

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Clive Holton 33723 wrote:

Hi Lelly,
    So glad to know that you have your date & you must be so pleased? You have so much to look forward to & I’m sure that you will get to the weight you want. You have been so patient!
    I went to my 4 week post-op appointment today & was very pleased with my weight loss but I still have a long way to go.
    Let’s hope we are successful together!
    Best Wishes, Clive.

Wow, Clive! That four weeks has flown by hasn’t it? So glad to hear you and your team are pleased with your results so far. It really spurs you on doesn’t it?

Doodah x

Viewing 7 posts - 91 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media