Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Bandaid tips required by 66 years old male newbie due to be banded on 7/4/2015

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » The Gastric Band operation » The first 6 months of the Gastric Band » Bandaid tips required by 66 years old male newbie due to be banded on 7/4/2015

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

Oh bless them. It IS scary for them. they are terrified of losing us. My surgery was very risky but I took the risk as the alternative was to have them arrange my funeral. I viewed my surgery as a sort of ‘Gunfight at the OK Corral’ as I’m sure many of you do.

How lucky are we to have won? But our families must have been terribly nervous. My parents were most affected. If it went wrong, they would be burying their child. What a horrible thought to have spinning in your mind whilst trying so very hard to be supportive?!

Your family will be your strength, Lelly. Their support is the thing that will get you through it. I’m always amazed at how much friends and family rally round a person who has had wls. In about 6 months, they know the nutritional value of everything haha! It truly can bring families even closer together – there is no greater gift.

Doodah x

Clive Holton

Dear Lelly,
    I think we all feel for you & have been where you are. Please keep fighting the fight, reduce weight conventionally when you can & push like mad for the bypass op. Don’t be frightened but look forward to your new life & the new you ’cause it will happen & hopefully soon! We are all with you. Society does not generally appreciate that some of us suffer from food addiction fuelled by all the in your face advertising & that we have to eat. I had my bypass a week ago & even now notice the difference, however, I will always be a food junkie! Keep Fighting for the op.
    Kindest Regards, Clive x.

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Clive Holton 33571 wrote:

Dear Lelly,
    I think we all feel for you & have been where you are. Please keep fighting the fight, reduce weight conventionally when you can & push like mad for the bypass op. Don’t be frightened but look forward to your new life & the new you ’cause it will happen & hopefully soon! We are all with you. Society does not generally appreciate that some of us suffer from food addiction fuelled by all the in your face advertising & that we have to eat. I had my bypass a week ago & even now notice the difference, however, I will always be a food junkie! Keep Fighting for the op.

Thank you for this heartfelt post, Clive. Everything you say is true. It feel like an eternity when we are waiting for surgery and the best way to spend the time is getting yourself as healthy as possible.

You are also right about everyone being there for each other. We all have a common problem and a common goal – to get healthier and become happier. Like you say, the benefits start very, very quickly and it is the best feeling ever.

Doodah x

Lelly

@Clive Holton 33571 wrote:

Dear Lelly,

Thank you Clive, I have got the go ahead for the bypass, just waiting for my turn, hopefully July. It is lovely that everyone on here cares for each other. I am also lucky that I have a lovely supportive family and friends.

Lelly x

Clive Holton

Dear Lelly,
    Great but make sure you cut down gradually prior to July. I remember thinking that I would have plenty to eat prior to the pre op 2 week milk/low carb diet, however I suddenly realised this would be so counter productive & negative in my quest for a better life! Thinking of you & Best Wishes,
    Clive x.

Lauren
    Keymaster

Another great point Clive. I have read about people having a ‘final’ blow out meal the night before surgery! Then lying about it! Did they think their surgeon was going to perform their wls blindfolded?!

Doodah x

Lelly

@Clive Holton 33575 wrote:

Dear Lelly,
    Great but make sure you cut down gradually prior to July. I remember thinking that I would have plenty to eat prior to the pre op 2 week milk/low carb diet, however I suddenly realised this would be so counter productive & negative in my quest for a better life! Thinking of you & Best Wishes,
    Clive x.

I would not have a blowout meal prior to surgery or any other time now that I have come this far, I have far too much to lose but I do understand what you and Doodah are saying Clive and I really appreciate your support. How are you doing anyway?
    Lelly

Clive Holton

Hi Lelly,
    So far so good. Just taking every day as it comes but I’m definitely feeling better & losing weight. I find that I cannot eat/drink all my daily food portions, which, as they are so small is quite something! Do hope that you are well as there is not long to go for you – let us know your date please?
    Best Wishes, Clive.

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Clive Holton 33592 wrote:

Hi Lelly,
    So far so good. Just taking every day as it comes but I’m definitely feeling better & losing weight. I find that I cannot eat/drink all my daily food portions, which, as they are so small is quite something! Do hope that you are well as there is not long to go for you – let us know your date please?
    Best Wishes, Clive.

Isn’t that shocking Clive? When you go to eat your tiny little portions and after a few spoonfuls, you simply cannot manage anymore! I remember being given a Rich Tea biscuit in hospital and only being able to manage a 1/4 of it! Not quite like that anymore though. The highlight of my day is now having a nice cuppa and two Rich Tea biscuits every evening when I watch programmes I have recorded. Simple pleasures are often the greatest!

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

I confess I did have last suppers ! Poe and mash and beautiful cake at this wonderful tea room in Southsea ? So naughty but it’s strange now not bothered by food . Except I have an obsessions with large ice cold oranges cut into 4 ��

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 33604 wrote:

I confess I did have last suppers ! Poe and mash and beautiful cake at this wonderful tea room in Southsea ? So naughty but it’s strange now not bothered by food . Except I have an obsessions with large ice cold oranges cut into 4 ??

Haha, you naughty girl Kim! Mmm pie and mash. Those oranges segments sound really nice. I’m going to try that.

Doodah x

Lelly

@Clive Holton 33592 wrote:

Hi Lelly,
    Best Wishes, Clive.

I was told that it should be July but they are saying it might be a bit longer now…:O(

Lelly

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Lelly 33615 wrote:

I was told that it should be July but they are saying it might be a bit longer now…:O(

Lelly

Who is saying that Lelly? I know it’s hard but, only ever take notice of what your team tell you.

Wls is individually tailored to each patient so what applies to others, may not apply to you. You are doing everything right (in my humble opinion) in getting as healthy as you can before your surgery. It will very much go in your favour afterwards.

I’m a firm believer in fate and the time it happens, is the best time for you. Keep your chin up and keep doing what you are doing 🙂

Doodah x

Clive Holton

Hi Lelly,
    Doodah is spot on. Please keep going as you are & don’t get down. Your time will come & what you have heard may not be true. Keep the faith Lelly & All the Best, Clive x.

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Clive Holton 33618 wrote:

Hi Lelly,
    Doodah is spot on. Please keep going as you are & don’t get down. Your time will come & what you have heard may not be true. Keep the faith Lelly & All the Best, Clive x.

Clive, you are a very nice man 😉

Doodah x

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 97 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media