Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Bandaid tips required by 66 years old male newbie due to be banded on 7/4/2015

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » The Gastric Band operation » The first 6 months of the Gastric Band » Bandaid tips required by 66 years old male newbie due to be banded on 7/4/2015

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #53410
    Clive Holton
    Member

    Hi Everyone, Well that’s it, tomorrow is my bypass op & I’m just finishing my 2 week diet. My wife Jill has kept me on the straight & narrow & she has prepared some marvellous salads etc. for me. I would just like to thank everyone on the forum for their kind advice & comments & do hope that everyone’s goals are being met & maintained & that you all have had a very happy Easter. Now I put my faith in Guy & his team & hope to be back on the forum again as eap. Best Wishes, Clive x.

    #53337
    Lauren
    Keymaster

    Good luck Clive!!

    Please let us know how you are getting on wen you can.

    We will all budge up on the ‘Loser’s Bench’ for you. So excited for you 🙂

    Doodah x

    ps support is here whenever you need it ok? x

    #53390
    loulou19
    Member

    Will be thinking of you today Clive. The first week can be hard, as you aren’t really sure what you should be doing, but you soon get into a routine and it gets better very quickly.

    Wishing you the very best
    x

    #53365
    Kimberly
    Participant

    How are you ? Praying your well . Rember knee bend to push the gads down then on all fours head lower than bum rocking pelvis back and forwards . !!!!! I know it looks rude but the wind will come out and that’s wonderful lol

    #53338
    Lauren
    Keymaster

    Makes me snigger EVERY time, Kim.

    Can you imagine someone ‘important’ or ‘posh’ doing it haha!

    Doodah x

    #53411
    Clive Holton
    Member

    Hi Everyone, Now back in my room from the IDU & feel pretty good & after 30 minutes my bed arrived! Awaiting for it to be made up so perhaps another 30 minutes? However I have had marvellous care & ALL nurses are great. Op went really well & so much thanks to Guy & all his team who I believe took longer than normal to knock me out & get through old scar tissue. Us old boys eh?

    Thank you all so much for your kind wishes which I & my wife have really appreciated at all stages & I do hope you are all well, happy & slimm – er? Will keep you up with developments – bed still unmade!

    Kindest Regards,

    Clive x.

    #53358
    penny
    Member

    Hi Clive must be all done now, best wishes to you,

    #53339
    Lauren
    Keymaster

    @Clive Holton 33535 wrote:

    Hi Everyone, Now back in my room from the IDU & feel pretty good & after 30 minutes my bed arrived! Awaiting for it to be made up so perhaps another 30 minutes? However I have had marvellous care & ALL nurses are great. Op went really well & so much thanks to Guy & all his team who I believe took longer than normal to knock me out & get through old scar tissue. Us old boys eh?

    Thank you all so much for your kind wishes which I & my wife have really appreciated at all stages & I do hope you are all well, happy & slimm – er? Will keep you up with developments – bed still unmade!

    Kindest Regards,

    Clive x.

    Hi Clive and welcome to the lighter side of life!

    So glad everything went well, even if you did have to have a bit more ‘attention’ lol.

    Guy Slater is a marvellous surgeon and a really nice man. The team there are amazing. They treat everyone the same – with dignity and respect.

    Can’t wait to here the next instalment!

    Take care of yourself – and be kind to yourself.

    Doodah xx

    #53366
    Kimberly
    Participant

    Well done Clive here’s to new beginnings

    #53378
    Lelly
    Member

    @Clive Holton 33535 wrote:

    Hi Everyone, Now back in my room from the IDU & feel pretty good & after 30 minutes my bed arrived! Awaiting for it to be made up so perhaps another 30 minutes? However I have had marvellous care & ALL nurses are great. Op went really well & so much thanks to Guy & all his team who I believe took longer than normal to knock me out & get through old scar tissue. Us old boys eh?

    Thank you all so much for your kind wishes which I & my wife have really appreciated at all stages & I do hope you are all well, happy & slimm – er? Will keep you up with developments – bed still unmade!

    Kindest Regards,

    Clive x.

    Glad everything went well, your wife can now breathe easily, it was a worrying time for her, until you were out of theatre, just think of all the wonderful things that you will be able to do together, take care and keep us posted.

    Lelly x

    #53340
    Lauren
    Keymaster

    Such an important point you have raised there, Lelly.

    What stress our loved ones must go through when we are having wls? It must be awful for them. I vaguely remember seeing my entire family sat waiting as they wheeled me back onto the ward. They had been there for hours (my surgery took 4 hours!) and wanted to be there just to let me know they love me.

    I had asked my daughter to tell me that I had survived it, just in case I had died and didn’t know it. But it certainly felt like heaven to me when I saw all the people I love waiting for me.

    Our family and friends must be terrified. Especially for those of us with very high BMIs and lots of co-morbidities. They are often forgotten in the whole process so I think perhaps, we should remember that they still supported us, even if they secretly thought the risks were too great. What true love? Aren’t we lucky?

    Doodah x

    #53379
    Lelly
    Member

    @Doodah 33559 wrote:

    Such an important point you have raised there, Lelly.

    What stress our loved ones must go through when we are having wls? It must be awful for them. I vaguely remember seeing my entire family sat waiting as they wheeled me back onto the ward. They had been there for hours (my surgery took 4 hours!) and wanted to be there just to let me know they love me.

    I had asked my daughter to tell me that I had survived it, just in case I had died and didn’t know it. But it certainly felt like heaven to me when I saw all the people I love waiting for me.

    Our family and friends must be terrified. Especially for those of us with very high BMIs and lots of co-morbidities. They are often forgotten in the whole process so I think perhaps, we should remember that they still supported us, even if they secretly thought the risks were too great. What true love? Aren’t we lucky?

    Doodah x

    Aren’t we just! :O)

    Lelly x

    #53341
    Lauren
    Keymaster

    I have just re read what I wrote and now realise how lucky I am, personally. Thank you once again for bringing up this topic Lelly.

    I truly believe that supporters, friends, spouses and families should be included at every stage possible. They are the ones who have chosen to support us, but – who supports them?!

    Doodah x

    #53412
    Clive Holton
    Member

    Hi Everyone,
    Many Thanks for all your good wishes. So far so good. Unbelievably I have had no pain & only a little discomfort & it is only day 6 post op. Everyone has been absolutely wonderful, very kind & very helpful.

    Hope everyone is well & going from strength to strength & I will keep you in touch with my progress.
    Thank you All again,
    Clive x.

    #53380
    Lelly
    Member

    @Doodah 33563 wrote:

    I have just re read what I wrote and now realise how lucky I am, personally. Thank you once again for bringing up this topic Lelly.

    I truly believe that supporters, friends, spouses and families should be included at every stage possible. They are the ones who have chosen to support us, but – who supports them?!

    Doodah x

    I know Doodah, my hubby is worried but agrees that it is better to try and solve the problem, If I carry on as I am I will die early and my life is so restricted and painful. I cannot do what I want to do and what I should be doing. Our boy’s, well men actually are scared but are supporting me, I have a lovely family as you must have too

    Lelly x

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 97 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Search Forums

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media