Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Bandaid tips required by 66 years old male newbie due to be banded on 7/4/2015

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » The Gastric Band operation » The first 6 months of the Gastric Band » Bandaid tips required by 66 years old male newbie due to be banded on 7/4/2015

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

You are very welcome, Clive.

This forum is bursting with kind, supportive knowledgeable people. We are very lucky ton have a place to come to when we are having a good or bad day – and every other day in between really!

Doodah x

Clive Holton

Hello All,
    Just 10 days to go before my bypass op with Guy on 7/4. Have been on the low carb diet for 5 days & feel fine & not really hungry – yet!! Final medical assessment & chat with Dr Hasan on 30/3. Any tips for my hospitalisation & post op experience please? Hope everyone is thriving & happy.
    Best Wishes, Clive.

Lelly

@Clive Holton 33098 wrote:

Hi Doodah, Thanks for the encouragement. Yes, upermost in my mind whilst our youngest son gets married on 31/10 so am really hoping to drop some weight for the wedding & am thus waiting to get a new suit as late as poss. Kind Regards, Clive.

I know how you feel Clive, I am 56 years old, 28 stone and desperately waiting for my gastric bypass, no date yet but I have been told not before July. Our youngest Son gets married on 28/10/2015 so cannot buy a dress until almost the day. You should have lost a fair bit by the time of your Son’s wedding. Keep us up to date and best wishes for the start of your new life.
    Lelly

Clive Holton

Hi Lelly,
    Many Thanks for your encouragement & I do hope that you get your bypass done sooner rather than later. I’m sure that you & I will feel much better & I only wish I had had mine done 10 years ago! Strange that our youngest boys get married at more or less the same time. Our Tom is 28. Yes, do hope I will have lost a bit & like you am waiting to the last minute to get my wedding suite.
    Best of luck with your date & hope all goes well. Please update on progress & With Best Wishes, Clive.

loulou19

Hi Clive

Best wishes for your Bypass on the 7th. I had my bypass in the middle of January with Mr Slater at the Clementine Churchill hospital, everyone from Guy Slater to the Healthcare assistants were very kind and supportive, and took great care of me, so you are in good hands.

Follow the rules in your guide book carefully, don’t rush the different food stages and you will be just fine. I am happy to answer any questions you have. I found that I lived by the clock for the first couple of months to ensure I got my food in – I had no hunger (and still don’t) and my tastes have changed, no longer a sweet toothed girl !! To be honest I feel like something in my brain has altered not my stomach.

Best of luck to you

Lelly

@Clive Holton 33447 wrote:

Hi Lelly,
    Many Thanks for your encouragement & I do hope that you get your bypass done sooner rather than later. I’m sure that you & I will feel much better & I only wish I had had mine done 10 years ago! Strange that our youngest boys get married at more or less the same time. Our Tom is 28. Yes, do hope I will have lost a bit & like you am waiting to the last minute to get my wedding suite.
    Best of luck with your date & hope all goes well. Please update on progress & With Best Wishes, Clive.

Guess What, our Youngest Son, who is getting married is 28 years old as well, how bizarre is that?

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Lelly 33449 wrote:

Guess What, our Youngest Son, who is getting married is 28 years old as well, how bizarre is that?

My youngest son is 28 too!! Not getting married though. But what a coincidence! Must have been something in the water that year haha!

Doodah x

Clive Holton

Hi loulou,
    Many Thanks for your support & kindness & glad your op has worked out so well. I had my last assessment today & all is looking favourable for 7/4 – I hope! So glad to hear that you are not hungry & hope that you reach your goal sooner rather than later! Kindest Regards, Clive.

Clive Holton

Hi Doodah,
    ….. or in the wine or beer? Frankly you do not look 28 yourself!!! I have been for my last assessment today so do hope all is well. I even feel better on the low carb diet! Looking forward to getting it all over with. Best Wishes, Clive.

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Clive Holton 33458 wrote:

Hi Doodah,
    ….. or in the wine or beer? Frankly you do not look 28 yourself!!! I have been for my last assessment today so do hope all is well. I even feel better on the low carb diet! Looking forward to getting it all over with. Best Wishes, Clive.

Thank you Clive. We women are a a great advantage in that we can make the most of what Mother Nature gave us with make up and hair dye! I guess men can too nowadays.

It must have been the wine.

Glad you are feeling better just on the low carb diet. it will give you a taste (pun intended) of what is to come. It’s hard to believe that in a year’s time, you could be feeling 20 years younger and looking it too no doubt. I can’t thank Shaw Somers and wls enough for giving me a chance at a better life. No greater gift – except for those who lose weight in order to have children. THAT is the best gift ever 🙂

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Hi clove if you look at some of my past posting their a great tip for getting rid of the wind pain after surgery ��. I found fresh breath sprat wonderful especially in hospital and initially at home . My mouth was disgusting smelly despite brushing my teeth ��. You must be excited and also a bit worried . But soon you be on the loser bench . I can honestly say it has saved my life and it’s the best thing I’v done . Life is good

Kimberly
    Participant

I will have a son who 28 next month he not married but has a partner in Cape Town , luckily he in the merchant navy so we see him when his ship in southampton .

Lauren
    Keymaster

I get to see both my children tonight as we are all going out for my husband’s birthday meal. Christmas was the last time we were all together so it really is a treat 😉

Doodah x

Clive Holton

Hi Doodah, Have a great evening & enjoy. So nice to know that eventually, like you, I will be able to eat out , again, with my family!
    Incidentally, I grew up on the South Coast in Pevensey!
    Best Wishes, Clive.

Clive Holton

Hi Kimberly, Perhaps it is statutory that before a banding or bypass we must all have a son of 28??? Hope all is well & hope that you regularly get the opportunity to visit Cape Town?
    Best Wishes,
    Clive.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 97 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media