Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Band Types and Capacities

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » The Gastric Band operation » Band Types and Capacities

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Im confused by gastric bands!

On my discharge note It says I have a:
    Allergan Lapband (Small) beneath 15ml

When I asked the nurse after my surgery what capacity band I had, she said a 16ml Allergan.

When I asked the Surgeon later when he came to discharge me, he said a 10ml Small Allergan.

So Ive done some investigations online…and Allergan lapbands come in two sizes…

There are two LAP-BAND® models:
    AP-Small (APS) maximum fill capacity of 10cc. Used in about 70% of gastric band cases
    AP-Large (APL) maximum fill capacity of 14cc. Used in bigger, heavier patients

Which still makes it confusing as if I have a small band, that would be the 10cc like the surgeon said, but why does it say beneath 15ml making it sound like the 14cc large band that I have? hmmmmm confuzzled!

Nettie

Hi Blue,
    Welcome back, don’t worry about your band size too much it really doesn’t make any difference, but just for your info I have a small allergan 10ml and it’s doing a fantastic job although maybe a little too fantastic as I haven’t eaten very much since the last fill!! Take care of yourself during recovery and stick to the post op food rules, fluid-slush-mush-solid as its very tempting to rush through the stages.
    Love Nettie xx

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media