Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Band operation 4 days away!!

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » The Gastric Band operation » Band operation 4 days away!!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Daniegant

Hi everyone currently 4 days away from having my band done by Mr Somers, I have been on pre-op diet for 3 days so far, how much did everyone loose during their pre op? I’m worrying I’m not loosing enough quick enough! X

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Daniegant 29257 wrote:

Hi everyone currently 4 days away from having my band done by Mr Somers, I have been on pre-op diet for 3 days so far, how much did everyone loose during their pre op? I’m worrying I’m not loosing enough quick enough! X

Hi there. Four days to go! So exciting.

Right, the ‘pre op liver shrinkage diet’ is it’s technical term. As you will see, not one word mentions losing any weight. The milk diet is used to shrink your liver so that there is more room in the stomach cavity for your surgeon to work. Losing weight is a gloriously welcome ‘side effect’.

Mr Somers will thank you when he sees your smaller and healthier liver. If you have lost weight then that is fabulous. Try never to compare yourself to anyone else – we are all SO different that it’s meaningless. Stop worrying and count down the days until your happier, healthier and fuller life.

Doodah x

treeza

Hi there I was also worried about the lack of weight loss but it’s true what Doodah says. I also have to say that once I stopped worrying about it I lost some weight! I stopped weighing myself so it was a lovely surprise when I got on the scales on op day! Relax & enjoy the milk! Good luck & see you on the losers bench x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Thanks for this post Treeza. I think we probably all felt exactly the same! It’s why places like this forum and the support groups are so important.

Doodah x

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media