Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Band op tomorrow

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    hides

OMG…. The day is almost here. I haven’t had much time to myself the last couple of days. I guess that’s the mother in me…… Been washing, ironing, shopping for everyone else, generally making my house straight. Even writing my hubby a list of what child does what, and when they need to be somewhere, when they get home… Etc etc……..( I can hear some of you ladies laughing,) but you know how it is….

Been doing a little cooking for myself, all in little ramikins in the freezer….i’m now going to pack a bag for the hosp, and take a very long hot bath….

I’m sure i will have my wobble at some point, but i’ve learnt from all of you, who have walked this path before me….. It is normal…..

Thank you all for helping me with this journey so far. I pray i will be as successfull as many of you… And i’m sure i’ll need more help over the next few weeks too….. So get ready, (john, nettie)….. Lol

Once again thank you.
    Heidi.

Rosie Posie
    hides wrote:
    OMG…. The day is almost here. I haven’t had much time to myself the last couple of days. I guess that’s the mother in me…… Been washing, ironing, shopping for everyone else, generally making my house straight. Even writing my hubby a list of what child does what, and when they need to be somewhere, when they get home… Etc etc……..( I can hear some of you ladies laughing,) but you know how it is….

Been doing a little cooking for myself, all in little ramikins in the freezer….i’m now going to pack a bag for the hosp, and take a very long hot bath….

I’m sure i will have my wobble at some point, but i’ve learnt from all of you, who have walked this path before me….. It is normal…..

Thank you all for helping me with this journey so far. I pray i will be as successfull as many of you… And i’m sure i’ll need more help over the next few weeks too….. So get ready, (john, nettie)….. Lol

Once again thank you.
    Heidi.

Good luck for tomorrow heidi. This is the start of a new life. Look forward to hearing your success story. Love Rosie x

luckyflower

Heidi, all the best for tomorrow look forward to hearing of your success!

ruby tuesday

You sound well prepared Heidi, and we wil be thinking of you, and looking forward to hearing how it all went. Best of luck. xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Good Luck Heidi. Keep in touch xxx

Doodah x

hides

Hello everyone
    Well home now, everything went well. Was meant to be second on list, but the lady who was first misread her information pack, and had a cup of tea at 6am. So she had to wait an extra 6 hours, i was given 10mins notice, so i had no time to think things over, (no wobble time). Before i knew it i was on the table and talking about christmas.

A little sore, and windy……
    Heidi

pgoldsmith

Good luck Hedi, know how u feel has only been 2 weeks from my op, first fill the next milestone. Rest up and let yourself heal, after 2 weeks off work I am now fighting fit, was worth the time to recover. All the best

Paul

hides

Thanks paul
    Can i ask a couple of general questions. How long was it before you could drive ? And been told to wear DVT stockings, how long for ? They said for up to 4 weeks, unless you are active……. Looking for a general answer, i know it’s different for us all, i also know how important they are.
    Heidi

joanne21

Hi Heidi,
    I’m so glad every went well for you, i have been thinking of you loads. Do you feel really uncomfortable or not to bad?

Jo xx

hides

Hi jo
    Just sent you a PM.
    Heidi

pgoldsmith

Hi Hedi, I wad told I could drive after 5 days post op, and I did on day 6 post op and was ok, u have to be able to do an emergency stop without doing yourself any damage. As for stockings I wad told to wear them for 2 weeks, however I went out for long walks and even cycle rides after a week or so, and then stopped wearing them, if your active I assume this would be ok.

Hope this helps

Paul

hides

Thanks paul, know the stockings are important, but find them very irritating during the night. Feeling more human today, but still tender. Just pottering around house at moment. Maybe venture for walk on monday, i live on a nice long country lane, so should be ok. Going to try some mash and gravy later……. Really looking orward to it, how sad is that…..lol
    Heidi

pgoldsmith

Hi Hedi, this stage does go quick, try a pinch of curry powder in your gravy makes it a bit more interesting. When I ate my first mash I couldn’t stop salivating after the milk diet!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media