Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Band Op in 3 days!!!

Home ยป Topics ยป Surgical Journey ยป The Gastric Band operation ยป Band Op in 3 days!!!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Fuzzy

Omg!! I can’t believe its come round so quick! I only got my times yesterday and now it’s all sunk in and I’m starting to panic ๐Ÿ™

I had a couple of wobbles in the first 4 days of the milk diet because I felt so ill with an horrendous migraine I ate some salad and some plain chicken. My dietician said this was ok but I’m still worried my liver will be too big! I’ve not eaten at all since then tho, only the jelly which I’m really liking now.

My other huge concern is that I haven’t been having my salty drinks. After the first couple of nights, they were just horrible and didn’t stay down for long I just gave up, now I’m worrying that this is going to have a major effect on my liver, although I’m not sure as to why we have to have them….can anyone help?

I’m sorry if I’m rambling but I’m in major panic mode ๐Ÿ™

Kimberly
    Participant

Well done for sticking to the milk diet , not long now , and if the dietitian said it’s ok then you should be alright . The oxo during is for your electrolyte I think just tell your Team you been struggling with the salty drink . Some people like about marmite . I loved the lamb oxo drink at night(yummy)! and also the jellies . Were are you having your WLS done ?

Fuzzy

Im having it done at the QA in Portsmouth…..tomorrow! I’m having a bit if a wobble now as I’m terrified of being put under but it’s all for the greater good….I hope ๐Ÿ™‚

treeza

Hi Fuzzy you will be fine. It’s also very normal to feel a nervous. This time tom it will all be over & you will be on your way to a happier & healthier life x take care x good luck for tomorrow. When you feel up to it let us all know how your doing.

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Fuzzy wuzzy

Very best Of British for today! This is YOUR time. This is the day your life will change for the better forever. It’s not easy and you will probably make a few mistakes but so did we all!

Please let us know how you are when you are feeling up to it and in the meantime we will all budge up on the ever growing loser’s bench.

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Hi fuzzy I had mine done at Portsmouth and it went well . It’s normal to worry about any operation , but please believe me if they have any doubt they wouldn’t do it . This time tomorrow your be joining us in the losers bench . X

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi fuzzy. Hope you are feeling tickety boo today. Make sure you go at your own pace. We are all so different

Doodah x

Fuzzy

Hi guys! Thank you all so much for your kind words, it really helps knowing that you’ve all been through it too ๐Ÿ™‚

Everything went well and I’m feeling ok! I’m not in much pain which is a bonus ๐Ÿ™‚ Only time it does hurt is the trapped wind which is over in a few seconds. How long is the wind going to be trapped for?

I was supposed to have Mr Toh do my surgery but I ended up with Mr Sommers, he really is very nice bless him. He told me that I still had a very large liver which upset me a little because I thought I’d done so well with the milk diet but he got the band on with little to no trouble so it’s onwards and upwards from here ๐Ÿ˜€

I still don’t feel completely with it yet, still very tired but I’m sure I’ll have loads of questions for you guys over the next few weeks ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks again everyone xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Fuzzy 32106 wrote:

Hi guys! Thank you all so much for your kind words, it really helps knowing that you’ve all been through it too ๐Ÿ™‚

Everything went well and I’m feeling ok! I’m not in much pain which is a bonus ๐Ÿ™‚ Only time it does hurt is the trapped wind which is over in a few seconds. How long is the wind going to be trapped for?

I was supposed to have Mr Toh do my surgery but I ended up with Mr Sommers, he really is very nice bless him. He told me that I still had a very large liver which upset me a little because I thought I’d done so well with the milk diet but he got the band on with little to no trouble so it’s onwards and upwards from here ๐Ÿ˜€

I still don’t feel completely with it yet, still very tired but I’m sure I’ll have loads of questions for you guys over the next few weeks ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks again everyone xxx

Woo Hoo! Congratulations, you are officially a big loser. I’m certain Shaw Somers did an excellent job for you. All you have to do now is rest up and recover, keep sipping water, move about gently as much as you can to get rid of the wind (don’t be shy about it!) and look forward to a healthier and happier life.

Peppermint tea helps with wind as do ‘wind ease’ tablets. It should last no longer than a week, often much less. If you have a dog – just blame him/her haha!

Fire way with your questions because if we don’t know or haven’t experienced it, we know someone who has! SO happy for you. Be kind to yourself.

Doodah x

treeza

Yay Fuzzy welcome to the losers bench. Onwards & downwards for you now! :0) take care & be kind to yourself (Hey Doodah). We all need to be reminded to do that every now & then. I look forward to hearing about your progress x

Kimberly
    Participant

Congratulation yeah fantastic , wind omg walking rocking backwards and forwards . And let it out both ends don’t hold back it makes it more uncomfortable . Keep up your meds so you don’t get break through pain and drink , sip rest lots xx

treeza

Kim you need to tell her your tip for getting it out :0)

Lauren
    Keymaster

This is a respectable forum hahaha!!

Go on Kim. Share…..

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

He he my daughter and her friends who a physiotherapist visited on day one bypass I was in pain with the wind had walked the ward of ITU and was on my bed doubled up . She said she had seen this by Gillian Mckeith the poo lady’s and asked if I wanted to have a go , she also had worked as a physio on ITU so was good at judging what I could manage . , . I was desperate , and did this in front of my daughter who although very loving was crying with laughter ( she a nurse on the ITU ward I was on , Nurses have such black humour with their own ( I’m a nurse as well ) . So humour aside it worked I stood by the side of my ITU bed doing about 20 knee bend or gentle squats . I was poorly so you might be able to do more. This apparently moved the wind along . Then I climbed on to my ITU bed on all fours ( that’s amazing accomplishment i) put my bottom higher than my head and gently rocked back and forward and out the wind popped . At this stage my D was crying with laughter her friend was laughing too and I was just relived . When I went home I need to this but hadn’t told my husband what I was doing !!!!!!! He thought he got lucky , I don’t think so at 5 day post op , so might be wise to tell your partner so they don’t get their hopes up .

treeza

Oh Kim the picture in my head! Hehe I would have been right there along side you daughter crying with laughter! Anything that gets it out hey! :0)))

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media