Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Band discomfort

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    hides

Calling all you bandster’s, ( and anyone else really). I had my first fill about 9 days ago, the weight has only gone down 1lbs……. (not good), but also know that’s down to me. I know i should be doing more exercise……. Not my favourite thing.

Anyway i have noticed over the last week, i get discomfort about half an hour after i eat…. So if for example i have a w/w meal, i can usually eat 80% of that, and then the discomfort comes shortly after. It’s not pain as such…… But is this normal ? I feel silly phoning to ask the question, so i’m turning to you guys…… The discomfort will go after about 40 mins or so, usually in the form of wind….. So am i eating to much, or too quickly….or both….. Neither….. Is this something i have to get use too ?

Second fill on dec14th, ( if normal ), will this get worse with another fill ?

Heidi.

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hiya Heidi, sounds like a bit of both actually. Bandsters tell me they have to eat even slower than us bypassers. Chew, chew, chew! Don’t worry about slower weight loss either as Bandsters are the tortoises and Bypassers are the hares – we all get to the same point in the end.
    Also, make sure you are not drinking too soon before or after meals. That’s the one I still have trouble with 3.5 years after surgery! The wind is a give away that you are eating too quickly as that is the case for non wls people too.

Hope this helps. Never think your question is too small to phone about if you are really worried – they will have heard it hundreds of times before ;-))

Doodah x

hides

Thanks doodah, as i was writing this, i did really know the answer, but sometimes you just need to hear/read it for it to registar. Unfortunately the drinking thing is very difficult. I do drink to close to eating, i find it very strange not too. But i will try harder.
    Thanks again.

Heidi.

johncg

Hi hides.

As doodah said its a bit of both. I stop eating after I get the ache feeling otherwise I’m sick…. As far as the weight loss goes as long as its in the right direction then it’s working….

I had my first Xmas meal last night… I’ll start a new thread later and let ya know about it….

Love John xxxx

hides

Hi john

My first christmas meal is on thurs…..
    As for the stopping before the ache comes, it never comes whilst i’m eating, it’s about half an hour later…. It doesn’t happen each time either. But i think i’ll have to cut my portion size down, and see if that helps…. If the pain happened whilst eating, it would be easier to manage and therefore stop….. So i guess it’s all down to the size………. Aint that always the way….lol……… Thanks for the help.
    Heidi x

johncg

Your right hides. Small is better…. !!!

I had a Xmas meal on Friday and Saturday night.

I honked on each one…. First was I tried to eat the buttered bridge roll which I eat slowly but I had to visit the loo…. On the Saturday I gave to roll to my wife the soup went down the the main I just manages one roast tatty screw Brussels and that was it… The wife had the rest…. Afters was lemon slice which was fab and went down very well, probably the most calorie filled item I have eaten since my WLS….. But then …. Wait for it….. I danced the night away…. I have never danced in my life especially being stone cold sober…. Mind you with my dancing John travolta had nothing to worry about…. Lol

Still birthday boy tomorrow 6th and an age I thought I would not see..

Love John. Xxxx

luckyflower

:whoo::whoo:John Have a lovely birthday you deserve it.

ruby tuesday

Hi Hides, not a bandster, but I sympathise because the body does work differently post-op and I sometimes get pain in the intestines after eating, but mine is immediately afterwards. I don’t think I do anything wrong as such, just the way it goes, and it is a learning game, as everything inside can take some time to settle down and find a normal routine, so I hope this eases for you, and you enjoy the Christmas dinner out! xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hows things Hides?

Doodah xx

hides

Hello guys,
    Sorry doodah, been away for a few days, and then the christmas madness is starting to set in……. Shopping, wrapping, kids plays etc etc.

Anyway, managing a litle better, still learning i guess, but have been eating smaller amounts, and slower…. Hence not had the discomfort half as much. Needing alot of willpower at the mo, cos as we bandster know….. The naughty stuff goes down ok, ie…. Crisps, choc, cake…

Went for an early 2nd fill yesterday, only had 1ml put in, so now have 5mls…. Reached my 2 stone mark aswell, so very pleased with that. Only 8 weeks post op, and i haven’t done anything in the way of exercise yet. However, i know my hubby has bought me a Wii Fit for christmas… ( what a sight this will be, ….lol) , but it may help with the tonning side of things. Still waiting for my friends to say ( ‘hey heidi, looking good , can see you’re losing ” …….) . maybe another half a stone, and it will start to show…

Sending christmas love and hugs to you alll
    Heidi. X

Doodah
    Keymaster

2 stone in 8 weeks is AMAZING! Well done my lovely.

Sometimes friends and family don’t like to mention your weight (be it going up or down) for fear of upsetting you. In the end I would mention it myself! Be loud and proud Hides – you are doing brilliantly and no doubt your friends HAVE noticed.

So many people think wls requires no willpower: they couldn’t be more wrong. Keep doing what you are doing as it is obviously working.

Doodah xx

luckyflower

Hi hides well done! I have started to move onto more normal foods but have noticed that very quickly i feel that uncomfortable feeling. I am still trying to master the eating slowly and chewing!

I have lost weight and no one has said anything! as doodah has said people are hesitant. The main thing is you know how well you are doing!!

hides

Well after the last 2days the weight should fall off me…….. Lost count of the number times i have been sick…… Not very happy with my extra 1ml.
    It is very hard for me to get my head round how 1 teaspoon of liquid can stop you eating…….. A cheese cracker is all that stays down at the mo.

Will have to see how the next few days go, otherwise i might have to phone for some advice. Will stay on soup for the weekend…… Not looking good for my saucer of christmas dinner. (sad face).

Heidi.

ruby tuesday

Oh dear Heidi, feel for you, and you were doing so well, lets hope it settles and you can get a bit more in, but as you say, ring if in any doubt. Wonderful weight loss by the way, particularly for a bandster, and you say you hadn’t excercised, so you have worked very hard and I am sure you do look different, but it can take quite a while before people comment, so don’t feel at all discouraged, remember, you know your achievements and so do we! xx

hides

Thanks guys. Having smaller amounts today… ie 4 small meals. Wish me luck..
    Heidi

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media