Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

band all done

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    NICS85

Hi,

Can you please help, I had the gastric band fitted 8th march this year. Starting weight was 17 1/2 stone now I’m 15st 5. But I keep reading in all the success stories that most people have lost 3 – 3 1/2 stone by now.

My band is filled to 5.8 ml at the moment & I’m genuinely eating quite healthily bare the odd slip up over the months. Exercising & eating smaller portions.

Can you suggest anything that will kick start the weigh loss?

I don’t want to have paid £5000 for the operation & it not to have worked

Thanks

Nics x

NICS85 wrote:
    Hi,

Can you please help, I had the gastric band fitted 8th march this year. Starting weight was 17 1/2 stone now I’m 15st 5. But I keep reading in all the success stories that most people have lost 3 – 3 1/2 stone by now.

My band is filled to 5.8 ml at the moment & I’m genuinely eating quite healthily bare the odd slip up over the months. Exercising & eating smaller portions.

Thanks

Nics x

Hi Nics, I can so hear the frustration in your message but if you look at it you have done really well. Thats about half a stone a month and in all honesty how we all need to loose it. We should be aiming to loose 1-2lb a week for steady weight loss. You are doing really well as you have reduced portions, excercising etc, thats all the right stuff…….You also haveto bear in mind that with the excercising you will be building up muscle too and more than likely loosing inches. We all work differently and thereis not right and wrong ways of doing things.

Please keep going and try not to compare yourself, I know its hard but we are all on the same track/path ach working diffently.

have you had a chat With the dietitians, they may be able to give support and advice? Happy for you to email me and keep in contact (samvaughan3604@aol.com)

Chin up your doing FAB and probably looking like it too 🙂

samxxx

Nettie

@NICS85 24667 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Nics x

Hi Nics,

I had my band done nearly a year ago and it took me 6 months to lose the first three stone so please do not worry too much, it has only been during the last 6 months that my weight loss has accelerated due to hitting the sweet spot and I have now lost seven and a half stone so you are doing better than I was at your stage.

Nettie xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Replied on another thread.

Please stop beating yourself up and allow your wls tool to do it’s job xx

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media