Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

band all done

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    debbie83

hi just letting you guys know i have had my band done.it all went well no problems until when i was getting ready to go home i came over all funny and thought i was gonna faint,so the lovely nurse laid me down and i was fine.i am home now and resting.so glad i have had the band done.goodluck to everyone who is due to change there life soon.debbie x

brown69owl

Hi

Pleased you home and feeling ok !

I had my band fitted on May 17 and feel great . I was out and driving 5 days after my op .

Take it easy and keep in touch .

Jackie xx

Sammy39

That’s fantastic news. I was ‘done’ on the 6th May – so am not too far ahead. Keep in touch. Sammy

Nettie

Hi Debbie,

I’m a bandster too and today I have just hit 7stone and I am overjoyed, I had my band 10 1/2 months ago.

We are all moving up on the losers bench to make room for you, welcome to life on the other side.

Make you sure you take it easy in the first few weeks post op, let other people take care off you and get plenty of rest. If the wind is painfull then drink plenty of peppermint tea and walk around and don’t run before you can walk with the food, people get very tempted to “test” their bands too soon which can cause you problems later on so stick to the food regime and after care advice you have been given by your team, just out of interest where did you have your operation?

I’m on here most days and there are a fantastic group of bandsters old and new on here too, any worries you have or any questions get straight on here post a thread and one of us will be around to answer it as soon as possible for you.

Take care and well done you will love it

Nettie xx

debbie83

hi i had my operation at guildford nuffield they were all lovely there.well done on your weight lose.is it normal to feel dizzy the day after i am drinking thought it maybe all the tablets im on.debbie x

Nettie

Hi Debbie,

General aneasthetic can take 24hrs at least to clear the system, make sure your blood sugar isn’t too low so maybe something a little sweet (just this once!!) will help. I was only on paracetomol after mine so I didn’t feel dizzy at all but some painkillers can have that effect. Did you have the lovely Chris Pring as your surgeon? he was mine although I had mine done at Spire Gatwick Park.

Keep resting

Nettie xx

debbie83

hi yeah i had chris pring he is really nice.thank you for you advice x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Debbie

Welcome to your new, healthier life!

Chris Pring is fab isn’t he? I love his matter-of-fact manner.

Be kind to yourself whist you are recovering. You have had general anaesthesia which isn’t to be shrugged off 😉

Doodah x

RHD

Hi Debbie

Welcome to being a bandster. I had mine done just before Xmas.

All the best
    RHD
    x

hides

Hello RHD

How are you doing with your band ? Weight loss so far ? Any problems ? How many mls in band ?

Heidi

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hides, I love your directness!!

Nettie

Us bandsters get so into how many mls we have, we really shouldn’t because we are all so different and it’s not a competition, but I’m exactly the same.

Nettie xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

It’s SO hard not to look at what other wls folk are doing and not compare ourselves to them isn’t it? I think it takes years to stop doing it. I’m four years post op on 17 July and I must be honest, I really don’t anymore. I still have ‘improvements’ that I would like in order to feel I have completed my journey but that’s just it – it’s MY journey.

It’s human nature to want to conform and keep up but it’s not human physiology. We ARE all so very, very different. We have to accept that in life, there are some things we just cannot change (without medical or surgical intervention!) I would love to be at least 3″ taller – all of it on my legs! I’d like to be really good at maths (married to Head of Maths dept and even he can’t help me!) I’d like to be able to run like dame Kelly Holmes….my list goes on. I could learn to be OK at most of those things but I could never be taller. So, I will accept that I’m a shortie-maths-dunce-slow-coach and learn to be proud of the other things I’m not too shabby at: singing, organising and building a happy family.

We are all unique. It’s that which makes us amazing!!!

Doodah xx

Nettie

What a lovely post and so so very true

Nettie xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Just the ramblings of a wls old timer haha! But from the heart xx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media