Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Band advice needed

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    pgoldsmith

Hi Nettie, pretty similar to you I am 3.5 weeks post op, my apetite and eating habits are pretty similar to before, my first fill is in 1/2 weeks time so should sort the hunger pains soon. Down 1.5 stone, still away to go was just over 19 when I started, been active and not eating junk, bring on the fill!!

Nettie

Hi Paul,
    Good to hear from you I was wondering how you were, 1.5 stone is very good going, you’re catching me up and I’m 2 months ahead of you, but I think this last fill should have sorted me out, I’m still on soup and very sloppy slop and the fill was 5 days ago! Are you going to the patients of Gatwick Park’s support meeting run by Kay?
    Nettiexx

Nettie

Hi Heidi,

It’s quite difficult to list what I eat as it differs from week to week and even day to day depending at what stage I am after a fill and obviously each fill gets more restrictive, this was one aspect I didn’t really take on board pre op or even to begin with post op if I’m honest. The food list seems to get smaller the more fills you have, so whereas I could eat bread after my first fill without problems I certainly can’t eat it now and fiberous meat won’t go down anymore whereas it did. I was of the opinion (wrongly) that once you had weaned yourself in the first 4 weeks post op you were sorted, however the reality for me is that after every fill I have to do the weaning process again (soup, slush,mush,solids) and every time I get back to the solid stage I struggle with some foods that I could eat perfectly well the last time I was on solids. And this is how it goes until you reach “sweet spot” apparently. So prepare yourself, just because you can eat it now it doesn’t mean you will always be able to eat it. I’m still on week 1 post fill (day5) so I’m just coming off soup and onto slush, very runny porridge for breakfast today which to my delight has gone down, I will try soup thickened with mashed potato for lunch and probably the same for tea tonight, with fruit smoothies as snacks and for vitamins. By next week I will hopefully be on things like shephards pie or fish pie type meals and week 3 I will attempt things like jacket potato, salad and salmon, omelet etc, by week 4 I should be at my best just in time for another fill possibly!!!

I hope that helps a little, it’s really hard to define it any clearer. I don’t count calories at the moment I eat what I can but I still take my multivitamins (liquid form at the moment as tablets would block me)

Lots of love,

Nettie xx

hides

Oh nettie
    Thank you so much, the info is brill. To tell you the truth i dont think i am prepared for the ‘after fill’, either. Like you i think i read so much on the ‘op’, and the good and bad from that, the rest seemed to pass me by. (feel a bit stupid now).
    Feeling alittle scared now…… But i’ll just have to deal with it as it happens. God whoever said this was the easy option, is very ignorant.
    Thanks again.
    Heidi

Nettie

Heidi, Don’t be scared my love I didn’t mean to alarm you it is just better to be prepared, as you quite rightly said we concentrate our thinking on the operation and that is very natural. I love my band, it’s my best friend even when it’s rejecting food!! Post fill is easy but I wasn’t prepared for it, I really believed that I could eat all the foods that people reported having problems with because after fill 1 I still could, but one by one they drop off and I hadn’t taken that on board. Also I was always able to eat more than the recommended ramekin dish and still lose weight so I really thought I had it made, but this has stopped now too. A few weeks ago I was still eating in restaurants regularly and able, with careful chosing to eat a 3 course meal and I was still going down on the scales each week!!! I would probably now just manage a starter and coffee. I hope I’m not being a pessimist I just want you to be informed, enjoy every minute of your bread though, I miss it so much.

Nettie xx

hides

No nettie, you haven’t alarmed me, i’m so gratefull for the info….. Any tips or advise is all very useful.
    Heidi.x

Nettie

OK todays tip is:
    Warm corned beef mixed with mashed potato and gravy, such a pick me up when no other meat will stay down, and very high in Iron, be sure to choose the reduced fat one, this keeps me going as I love meat soooooooooo much.
    Nettie xx

pgoldsmith

Hi Nettie, I dont seem to have any details if Kays meeting, can you send me on the event date and time etc

Thanks

Paul

Nettie

Hi Paul,
    It’s tomorrow night at The Spire, 19.30. I will be there but I don’t know anyone else going as I haven’t been to one yet. Let me know if you are going and we can introduce ourselves.
    Nettie

pgoldsmith

Sorry Nettie not going to be able to make it, already have swimming booked, maybe the next one!

Nettie

OK, I’ll ask Kay to let you know about them, it will be in 2 months time

Doodah
    Keymaster

@Nettie 20159 wrote:

OK todays tip is:
    Warm corned beef mixed with mashed potato and gravy, such a pick me up when no other meat will stay down, and very high in Iron, be sure to choose the reduced fat one, this keeps me going as I love meat soooooooooo much.
    Nettie xx

Brilliant tip Nettie x

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media