Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

back to work

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I was told i can in back to work after two weeks of having a bypass i am a hairdresser by the surgeon, is that right?

Clanceychick
    Trishhatesjelly wrote:
    I was told i can in back to work after two weeks of having a bypass i am a hairdresser by the surgeon, is that right?

I had my bypass 6 weeks ago and went back after 10 days. I have my own boutique so not on my feet as much as you but I was fine as long as I didn’t do any lifting. I guess it’s just a case of planning what you can, but seeing how you feel at the time. Hope the op goes well x

Yes I feel great and the pain in my tummy has nearly gone. I am going back to work Monday but as I am mobile I need to drive also

Nettie

I was told I could drive 3 days after my gastric band if that helps Trish

Nettie xx

78rpm

it varies I believe on how your recovery is going people take all sorts of times to recover

rgds

Jay

Deifersmum
    Participant

I am a great believer in listening to your body, if it feels right then your ok, if not don’t do it, your body is the boss is these cases.

Best of luck.
    Love
    Lesley
    xxx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Like I said on another thread: the right time is when YOU feel it is. I started driving after 3 weeks and I had a full open bypass
    (10cm scar) and my gallbladder removed at the same time. I was 100% back to normal after 4 weeks.

Wow thanks guys I don’t feel too bad now as I have gone back to work full time and ii feel fine, a bit tired but I feel great.

Doodah
    Keymaster

Well done Trish. I think getting back to normal as soon as you feel able is the key to success both mentally and physically.

Doodah x

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media