Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Assessment: Share you stories

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 124 total)
  • Author
    Ms Ellie

@Deifersmum 12184 wrote:

Thank you all for your encouragement and support. I can honestly say that since Friday I have woke up feeling excited, I do hope that feeling doesn’t go away.

Anyway, again, thanks for your encouragement and support it’s invaluable.

Lots of love
    Lesley
    xx

Lesley guess what?????? It gets even better…..

Much love Ellie xx

Ms Ellie

Hi Sara welcome,

Elaine is right you don’t always have your op with the people you meet at the pre-assessment as at times it could be that you have different surgeons, nevertheless, you will meet some great bay mates at Chichester and the ward team are the best!

Good luck much love Ellie xxxx

Candy

Hi sara

yes it was me that you where with on that very long day took us a good 3 hrs to get home, i have started the diet on Monday not sure when operation date will be but was told to start surgeon seemed to be saying a 4 week wait

i to am very excited and carnt wait.
    i have private message you, and agree it would be good to go though this with people we have meet

catch up soon

Denise XX

Candy

Hi Sara

you have requested not to receive private messages so can not send message

Denise x

ANN410

Hi all , cant believe only one more sleep then off to chichester tomorrow (4th march) for pre-assessment, going to be a long day, going by train,,cant be stressed out with getting caught in traffic and being late, early start to the day 6.44 train, but it sure is worth it ,

Ganny
    Participant

Hi,
    Hope your pre assessment went well today. I always go down by train and when I went down for my pre assessment appointment for 10.30 I left the house at 5.25 to get the 5.47 train and I didn’t get home until after 7.00 that night a very long and I was shattered both mentally and pshyically but oh so worth it.
    Let us know how you got on.
    Elaine xx

ANN410

hi Elaine,
    got the green light, so excited..i expect to have bypass at end April beginning of may, worth the long day, left home at 6.15 and got back home at 8pm.
    ann x x

Ganny
    Participant

Hi Ann,
    Good news on the green light, now you play the waiting game for the phone call, my bypass is the 23rd of this month, start the milk diet on Wednesday and I am strangely looking forward to it because I know what is at the end of it.
    Once again congratulations on the green light.
    Elaine xx

ANN410

hi Elaine
    thank you , hope all goes well with the milk diet, i am so looking forward to starting mine lol, not many sleeps till the 23rd,
    how soon did you get your appointment to go back for blood test etc… is that another full day at chichester.
    Ann x x x

Ms Ellie

Hi Ann congratulations, won’t be long now before your surgery and you will soon be a loser!!!!!

It might be wise for you to start your own thread so that we can follow your journey
    Take care much love Ellie xxxx

Virtualsara

Hi Elaine

Thanks for the support. It looks like you were right as Candy has already gone in for her surgery this week. I am so excited for her, but I am still waiting for my call to say exactly when my date is.

But knowing people who were at their pre assesment on the same day as me are already going for their surgery makes it even more real!

I really can’t wait to start my new life!

Sara
    Xx

Ganny
    Participant

Hi Ann,
    I had my pre assessment on the 21st December but Mr John the counsultant wanted me to have some blood tests and other tests done plus had to go back down again in January to see the psychologist as she couldn’t make it on the 21st due to the snow, I think it was about another three weeks before I got the call, but if you can’t wait give Chichester a call after about a week and they may help you.
    When you go back down for your pre op you are not there for the full day, I left here on the 6.43 train and was home and in doors by 5.30, still a long day but most of it is travelling.
    Elaine xx

Ganny
    Participant

Hi Sara,
    Your date will come soon and when you go back for your pre op you might meet people who are in the bay the same time as you, when I was back there last Thursday for my pre op I met two otheres one going in the day before me and one the day after me,but everyone is so friendly there you will soon find someone to chat to.
    Elaine xx

ANN410

Hi Elaine
    thanks for info. i bet you are counting the days, hours, minutes, wish you well. Ann x x

Ganny
    Participant

Hi Ann,
    You are welcome. I have been on countdown since I got my date and had my bag packed ready, just phone charger to put in and I am ready to go, not thar I am eager lol.
    Elaine xx

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 124 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media