Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Assessment: Share you stories

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 124 total)
  • Author
    pink lady

Had a sleep apnea test heart test. Blood test. All clear. How much longer do i have to wait my gp got a letter from st richards asking for a mrsa test to be done. Really struggling at the moment. Got rushed in to hospital in the end of march 8 days after my assessment. Off work for 3 weeks then. Soon after they found a 2cm gaulstone. Can anyone help. Or give me some advice. Thanks pink lady.

Brains

Hi Pink lady sure will not be long now. MRSA swabs results normally within 3 – 4 days. Sorry to hear of your gallstones.
    Keep smiling you will soon have date I am sure x:smile:

SJ

Sorry to hear you are having problems. Perhaps you could call the office at St Richards and speak to the lovely Christine for an update on timings etc. Sounds like you will be having your gallbladder removed at the same time? Presumably the team know about your recent spell in hospital?

Good luck and hope you hear soon.

SJ

Lorraine

Hi Pink Lady,
    I too have gallstones but they wouldn’t remove them at St Richards. I did ask on several occasions!
    I had my op 12 days ago. I will have to go back to my GP about having my gallbladder removed at another time, hopefully the same time they do my hernia but I don’t have any guarantee about that either!
    I also have sleep apnoea and a heart problem but none of them made any difference to the actual WLS op. I was boooked in for a laprascopic RnY by pass and that is exactly what I got.
    Good luck with the surgery, it is all over so fast and nothing to worry about 🙂
    Lorraine

Helen

Yesterday, I had the days worth of appointment. I saw the lovely Chris Pring. 🙂

Iam definally having the gastric bypass. Hopefully having the operation in January. So, one final Christmas for a piggy time 🙂 before the operation….

Pinkdancer

Woo Hoo go Helen.

That is great news well done – yes make the most of your Christmas before you join the losers bench.

Helen

:cheer2::rockon::laugh:

Yes, I will be a loser……….

Ms Ellie

Oh Helen the lovely Mr Chris Pring…. how lucky are you??? I am excited for you and will welcome you on the losers bench with all the others hopefully in the new year xxx good luck and enjoy xxx

Irene

Hi Helen, Congratulations. Enjoy your Christmas. Look forward to hearing how you get on. See you on the losers bench. xxx

Take Care

Irene xx

Helen

@Ms Ellie 10576 wrote:

Oh Helen the lovely Mr Chris Pring…. how lucky are you??? I am excited for you and will welcome you on the losers bench with all the others hopefully in the new year xxx good luck and enjoy xxx

One VERY LUCKY girl…………:high5: I just cannot wait now….. :dance:

But it did feel strange and odd being on the ‘otherside’. Not my normal side of the hospital work. As, I work at St. Richards. It seems funny and odd being treated by Doctors that I see walking around day-in – day-out. Telling them ‘personal’ things etc….

Ms Ellie

@Helen 10592 wrote:

One VERY LUCKY girl…………:high5: I just cannot wait now….. :dance:

But it did feel strange and odd being on the ‘otherside’. Not my normal side of the hospital work. As, I work at St. Richards. It seems funny and odd being treated by Doctors that I see walking around day-in – day-out. Telling them ‘personal’ things etc….

Good Luck darling to them now you are their patient and will treat you as they always do with RESPECT!!!!

Helen

I got tested for Mrs. A (MRSA, but I like to call it Mrs. A). As I am in contacted with people with Mrs. A and C.Diff etc…. But I came back clear…

pink lady

i work with adults with learning disabilities and poor hygiene etc and yes i was all clear and had my surgery oct 6th. pinks. x

Deifersmum
    Participant

Dear All

I’ve not long got back home after my day long pre-assessment, what a day, me and hubby are exhausted. But, the good news is I’ve been accepted for bypass, yippee, just got to wait for my date now.

What a lovely team, everyone was ever so nice and understanding and came away with loads of information from the pre op milk diet post op and beyond. It’s definitely real now, I feel like pinching myself to make sure it wasn’t a dream.

Fingers crossed I don’t wait too long for the call.

Love
    Lesley
    xx:):clap2:

Helen

well done…… Your journey is just beginning!!! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 124 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media