Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Are there any band to bypass or band to sleeves out there, with added complications ?

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Other Bariatric Surgeries and Plastic Surgery » Are there any band to bypass or band to sleeves out there, with added complications ?

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

@falcon 28433 wrote:

I had a gastric band for years which worked brilliantly but unfortunately contracted an infection through another procedure. I have recently had a gastric sleeve, my BMI was about 30 when the band was removed. As I had already had wls my BMI wasn’t a prob, by the time my gastric sleeve was done I had a BMI of about 35 as I had gained in the 8 months without the band.

I only had the sleeve op on 2nd May, I have lost 12lbs since then. I am still on the puréed food phase.

Fantastic for you Falcon! I’m being sleeved by Shaw Somers tomorrow! I have had no previous gastric surgery so I’m a first timer and I chose the Sleeve over the Band or Bypass having done loads of research and based upon what I thought would suit me. Mr Somers thankfully agreed too, so the Sleeve it is. Pure restriction, no malabsorption. Can’t wait to feel healthier, lose weight and no longer have painful knees!

Doodah
    Keymaster

You won’t know yourself in a few months. Can’t wait to hear all about it.

Doodah x

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media