Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Archive: Milestones of 2010

Home » Topics » Welcome to Streamline Surgical » Moderation Panel » Archive Material » Archive: Milestones of 2010

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 9 posts - 271 through 279 (of 279 total)
  • Author
    Andrew

It is wonderful that you loss some weight and wear you old jeans. You did
    good work and try to maintain it. I hope you will remain on track for the fitness and healthy life.

Andrew

Thanks guys for sharing wonderful information about the fitness, i think you did
    great job by sharing these experience. This healthy discussion is source of the motivation for the others.

Sally Bailey
    Participant

I think this is such a common theme for anyone who has had wls. I had a similar experience with a life jacket. I looked at it and thought ‘Oh NO!’ The person who handed it to me would never have guessed in a million years that a few years ago it probably wouldn’t have even fit my LEG!! My heart was even racing when I was doing it up. Anyway it fit and no one was any the wiser. Not quite as emotive as a hospital gown but relavent I think. We will all probably still see ourselves as big (deep down) forever.

Brown Jones

lol . . . What would be that feeling 🙂
    That really is undescribable . . . (:
    Congratulation.

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi

My experience wasn’t a hospital gown, would you believe the hairdressers, for the past couple of years I’ve always had the one’s that do up round the neck but the last time I went, which was two weeks post op, I got one of the ‘normal’ one’s. My hairdresser knew I had had the surgery and she cried when I got that gown on, and I beamed for the rest of my appointment. Like you guys say, it’s the little milestones that mean the mosts.

Onwards guys and we will achieve our goals!!!

Take care
    Love
    Lesley
    xx

jacquie

Hi Everyone,
    Hubby took me shopping for the first time today since my surgery last year for some new clothes for my birthday, i took loads of things into the changing rooms and nearly all had to come back out and ask for smaller sizes, i even got a pair of jeans, i have dreamed of wearing jeans for so long and the smile on my face said it all, i’m going back for another pair tomorrow lol, this is the only time my hubby has taken me shopping as i was to ashamed before how things have changed in a year and ten and half stone weight loss, thanks to the fab Dr Chris Pring.
    Jacquie xxx

ruby tuesday

Dear Jacquie,

That nearly bought tears to my eyes, because so many people just don’t get how demoralising clothes shopping is when you are outside the “normal” size range. Well done on your amazing weight loss, and enjoy the summer in your new, small, clothes xx

Anonymous

@jacquie 14774 wrote:

Hi Everyone,
    Hubby took me shopping for the first time today since my surgery last year for some new clothes for my birthday, i took loads of things into the changing rooms and nearly all had to come back out and ask for smaller sizes, i even got a pair of jeans, i have dreamed of wearing jeans for so long and the smile on my face said it all, i’m going back for another pair tomorrow lol, this is the only time my hubby has taken me shopping as i was to ashamed before how things have changed in a year and ten and half stone weight loss, thanks to the fab Dr Chris Pring.
    Jacquie xxx

Knew you would have these wonderful moments….. And glad to hear your still having wow monets…
    THe hubby needs to take you out and show you off more often you little hottie you…aha ha a

Take care Jaq’s and well done

Buzz x

SJ

The wow moments continue. I fit into my first pair of size 10 (I will say that again, as it still hasn’t quite registered, a size 10!) trousers a couple of months ago, even now it doesn’t quite register. The things that most people take for granted mean so much post wls. I tried on some dresses this morning, size 10 again and could not believe it was me standing in the mirror! I cannot help but smile when I get called ‘skinny minny’ by my best friend…

Keep the positive stories coming everyone!!

Viewing 9 posts - 271 through 279 (of 279 total)
  • The topic ‘Archive: Milestones of 2010’ is closed to new replies.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media