Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Archive: Milestones of 2010

Home » Topics » Welcome to Streamline Surgical » Moderation Panel » Archive Material » Archive: Milestones of 2010

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 279 total)
  • Author
    mandyl

hi dietician this morning.

ive lost half a stone since 21st december

she said i was doing fine . xx

carolthecook

Sounds like you are doing really well Mandy…did you go under that wonderful stone marker that you so wanted?
    I see dietician later today and hope I’ve lost about the same amount as you – what a wonderful thing to lose weight over Christmas and New Year!

mandyl

thanks carol
    unfortenutly i didnt go under no xx

carolthecook

Bet you do next time though!

mandyl

thanks darling. been very bad today hardly eaten or drunk just upset today. xxx hope your well

Bigdave

Mandy, I have days like that but weight loss isn’t something guaranteed ie: that you’ll lose loads in a month, there will be times you’ll only lose a couple of pounds then the next month you’ll lose a stone and a half. So many of my WLS friends have become scales concious. Obviously I was weighed at pre-op, then I was weighed on op day. After my op, I wanted to weigh myself when the start of foods begun (even though they said I shouldn’t as it does not give a good reflection) but I wanted to to see how my body works, I’d put on 5kgs just using the saline drip!!!! Due to my wound seeping slightly after 5 days away from hospital I took the opportunity to weigh myself at GP, was pleasantly surprised. Now I made the point to myself not to keep weighing myself, the next time I see the scales will be at my 6 week check up. I know I’m losing weight as I seem to have dropped a couple of sizes 6XL to 4XL in a month. Chin up hun you’ll be fine-AND your doing great! xx Any weightloss is good! 🙂

mandyl

hi dave
    thankyou mate. it was lovely to read that this morning. scales obssessed is very true and internet obssessed. until today now im going to start the rest of my life. not stuck on i nternet all day worrying myself but getting back on that bike. lost a lot from op and im gonna start being proud of that. youve done great by the way well done xx

carolthecook

Hi Mandy, here’s a big forum hug! It was so sad reading this morning how depressed you were yesterday but it has certainly made me rethink things today. Dave is right it is so easy to become obssessed with the scales. Weight loss isn’t linear and peculiar and individual to each and every one of us. I realise now that it doesn’t really matter what the digital display on my scales say its how I feel and one movement in either direction can make or break my day. At the weekend I am sorry to say I shouted at my son for moving the scales in the bathroom because I thought it would affect the accuracy of them. So stupid! So I am going to join Dave and only get on the scales once a month (on the anniversary date of my op). That way my clothes alone will tell me how well I am doing (for afterall that’s why I wanted to lose weight in the first place to look better, live longer and feel better – NOT see some mystical figure on a pair of scales). Just remembered too that a good friend has her weigh-in today, 12 months after surgery, and she has only been weighed about 7 times in total and never does it herself in between – the joy and surprise she gives everyone when she knows and reveals her new weight bring such happiness to all of her friends but most of all to herself.

TobysDad

I just wanted to say that today I hit a new milestone in acheiving a total weight loss of just over 8 stone since pre-op on 11th September today. I would just like to thank Mr Slater and his team for helping me make this milestone.

Ms Ellie

Wow! that is excellent Tobysdad I bet your dead chuffed with your fantastic weightloss.

mrsvinnie

well done, that is fantastic! What an achievement 🙂 Another inspiration for me, I’m amazed at the losses I have heard about x

k@tkins

Well done .. 🙂

mandyl

well done mark xx

Renn

That’s wonderful.You deserve your success.Many thanks to the team for working together with you.
    5 weeks today. I feel better than I did already. I used to look at people the weight I’d like to be and nothing happened, now I know I’m going to be one of them without doubt. Something just clicked when I had my consultation with Mr Somers. It was like as if he believed it so I have permission to as well.Hope you know what I mean. My pre-op is 7/4 Chichester.
    Wishing you all a great weekend and that all your dreams will come true.

Anonymous

Just seen my date for my X factor Auditions..
    Saturday 1st May in London…

This is something I would not have considered a year ago. Not because of my voice because of my weight…….

Wish me Luck..

Buzz xxx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 279 total)
  • The topic ‘Archive: Milestones of 2010’ is closed to new replies.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media