Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Appetite returns

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    scpayne76

Hi all. 14weeks post op. Doing very well with weight loss. Over 4.5 stone but…… I feel I can eat more. Is this normal? I’m
    Anxious as having worked so hard I don’t want my weight loss to slow down or stop. I’m still controlling what I eat and portion size but I am feeling a bit more hungry. Not all the time but sometimes.
    Any advice welcome. Thank you.

Lauren
    Keymaster

@scpayne76 33206 wrote:

Hi all. 14weeks post op. Doing very well with weight loss. Over 4.5 stone but…… I feel I can eat more. Is this normal? I’m
    Anxious as having worked so hard I don’t want my weight loss to slow down or stop. I’m still controlling what I eat and portion size but I am feeling a bit more hungry. Not all the time but sometimes.
    Any advice welcome. Thank you.

Hi there.

I can’t give clinical or dietary advice, however, I think we all felt the same. Whenever I am a bit hungrier than normal, I up the protein portion. It almost always keeps me fuller for longer. Also, it could be thirst. Both feelings are very similar so make sure you are getting enough fluids on a daily basis (never been a problem for me as I drink gallons of tea every day.) Another thing that Kimberly and I do is have a skimmed milk hot drink. Not many calories but warm and filling – especially in this bitter weather.

If you are still in contact with your team and are worried, give them a call. 4.5 st in 14 weeks is a heck of a lot of work for your body! No wonder it is hungry!! I’m sure you are doing everything right but if ever in doubt – contact your team.

Congratulations on your fab weight loss so far 🙂

Doodah x

bikerchris
    Participant

Hi,

First I’ll add my congratulations on the amazing weight loss. I think it’s normal to have different appetites on different days. I tried keeping a food diary together with a note of what I was up to on the day. My unscientific research revealed I’m hungriest and eat most if I’m working in the office, less so if I’m working at home and least hungry and eat least at weekends. Levels of activity don’t seem to have an affect.

I’m trying to question myself more about what I eat e.g. are you hungry or just thirsty? Have you planned to eat this now? Is there a social or emotional reason for eating that? Will you regret that later?

I think that I have to be fairly rigid with myself because not being rigid got me to a BMI of 45. Nevertheless it’s also about balance, I’m not saying I never eat a biscuit or anything. But I’m finding a way that works for me

Chris x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Absolutely superb post Chris. Great advice.

Aren’t we lucky to have so many wise and caring people on this forum?

Doodah x

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi

Don’t forget that one of the big advantages of the gastric bypass is that the mechanism for the stomach to tell the brain “I am Hungry” no longer works so if you are “Feeling Hungry” its almost certainly just head hunger so should be ignored.

Just make sure you are eating the correct size an quantity meals with the correct size and quantity of snacks and ignore all feelings of hunger.

Paul

Lauren
    Keymaster

Paul is absolutely right – head hunger is our biggest demon who’s sole purpose is sabotaging all our good work. Drown the nasty little blighter with water! Thirst is often mistaken for hunger so maybe try sipping some nice cold sugar free juice or (my favourite) cold water with lemon and lime slices.

Unfortunately, head hunger never leaves us so we just have to find our own way of dealing with it. I’m certain you will find yours.

Doodah x

scpayne76

Thank you all. Your advice as always is great.
    Siobhan 🙂

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hope you were comforted by the super advice given here.

Isn’t it wonderful to have somewhere to receive support from people who have actually had wls?

Doodah x

fizz

Thanku for all the advice…its just what I needed right now x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@fizz 34944 wrote:

Thanku for all the advice…its just what I needed right now x

You are very welcome Fizz. Weight loss surgery isn’t easy (like the media would have you believe) but it’s much easier with the help and support of people who have already had the experience. the good thing about this forum is that everyone is at different stages and have had different surgeries. So there will always be someone who can help/support you.

Doodah x

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media