Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Anyone tried D’Mix?

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Eilish

I had my bypass over a year ago but unfortunately I am one of the small percentage that
    it didn’t work on but I have had terrible problems with IBS since (bloating, wind, constipation etc. etc.).

I have tried everything that is on the market as well as prescription from the doctor but nothing helps.

I came upon something called D’Mix from Conscious Food and wondered if anyone has tried it as all the testimonials have
    said how good it is. Here is how they describe it –

D’Mix is a proprietary blend of 8 herbs and spices to chew after meals, specially formulated to kick-start the digestive process

I would really appreciate any input on this 🙂

Michele

Doodah
    Keymaster

@Eilish 29337 wrote:

I had my bypass over a year ago but unfortunately I am one of the small percentage that
    it didn’t work on but I have had terrible problems with IBS since (bloating, wind, constipation etc. etc.).

I have tried everything that is on the market as well as prescription from the doctor but nothing helps.

I came upon something called D’Mix from Conscious Food and wondered if anyone has tried it as all the testimonials have
    said how good it is. Here is how they describe it –

D’Mix is a proprietary blend of 8 herbs and spices to chew after meals, specially formulated to kick-start the digestive process

I would really appreciate any input on this 🙂

Michele

Hi Michele

If you only had your bypass a year ago then surely you could contact your team for help? A year isn’t very long to get going with wls after all. Also, wls usually really helps with IBS.

As for D’mix – if it worked we would all have heard about it.

Sorry to sound negative but I honestly think your best bet is to contact your team first and foremost. I always tell the truth – even if it is not always welcome. I have found it to be the most useful way to be regarding wls. I have never told anyone it is easy or that they will lose ALL their excess weight.

I so hope you are able to get the help you need. Please let me know how you get on. Out of interest, where did you have your surgery and by whom? Thanks.

Doodah x

ruby tuesday

Hi, I sympathise, I am two years post bypass, and I am afraid by 7pm my tummy is stretched, rock hard and sore, with wind, which will not pass until the morning. This is particularly difficult having recently had a tummy tuck. I too have tried everything, and varied my diet, and to be honest, it happens even if I don’t eat before that time of day. I am sorry to say I just don’t believe any claims for a mix of herbs and spices helping.

I have had a stomach ulcer, but I understand the design of the bypass which affects how we absorb nutrients and digest food, does also cause wind, it just affects people in varying degrees. My ‘pouch’ grumbles frequently, especially when food or liquid is going through it, and that grumbling is adding wind to each amount it is letting through, so when you factor in the shortened digestion process too, we are on a looser trying to overcome it.

Just a thought if you speak to your team, I recently saw a dietician unexpectedly, and she tried to blame my diet, which is healthy and varied, but since I can only rarely tolerate bread, my only carbs are rice and potato. She felt low carbs were a problem, and recommended probiotics – not proven to work, but she would like me to take Yakult daily. I disagree, as I have natural live yoghurt daily anyway, and probiotic drinks are high in sugar which I react to. Some vegetables causing wind more than others, obviously so do pulses, but my diet is based on careful research on what causes gas, and I have failed to make any difference.

Sorry to sound negative, something may work for you, perhaps probiotics in capsule or liquid form, but my personal feeling is this is something we have to live with, one of the downsides of the bypass.

Doodah
    Keymaster

You are right Ruby – there will always be downsides to anything brilliant. I have no problems at all regarding wind but I feel the cold so badly that it sometimes makes me depressed. I LOATHE the winter now. Having said that, i would put up with being cold all year round rather than go back to being 26+ stones – I would be very cold then, as I would be dead most likely!

Doodah x

ps It’s not being negative – it’s being realistic and honest.

katy

I too am a wind sufferer and our house is quite musical at times! I went onto lactofree milk which has definitely helped me.
    I tried the pro biotic drinks but didn’t really notice a difference.
    I don’t have a completely lacto free diet but I drink a lot of tea and coffee so found by making a small change in my milk has really made a difference. Of course the wind hasn’t gone away totally but it is significantly better.
    I also find peppermint tea a help especially in the evenings
    Love Katy x

Doodah
    Keymaster

I think we all have to just accept that we need to try to make the best of what we are given. I for one would rather be trumping (or shooting fairies as my little niece used to say) all day than be 26+ st again!

Doodah x

ps at my age I can just say ‘Ooh, hark at me!’ and get away with it unless I am in a formal/solemn situation!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media