Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Anyone know of any good cookbooks for post op…

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Waiting for my date and want to start reading up and getting my head in the right place! X

luckyflower

The dietitian will give you some advice sheets with suggestions. A great book is return to slender by Carol Bowden Ball you can get on Amazon. I have made some great tasting recipes and taste is important post op !!!! Also she has great website although she has problems at the moment i see. Check it out!

kathc

Carols book ! As mentioned above . X

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

kathc

Carols book !! Love it

Andy Toms

Also a lot of slimming world meals are suitable post op, one of my greatest post op purchases is a slow cooker. The meat comes out so moist and tender i can eat any meats without issue

ruby tuesday

Love your name squeaky, will make me chuckle every time I see it! At 4 months down the line I am on normal meals, so no special books used, but my dietician like post above, recommends a slow cooker due to tenderness of meat, so I am planning on buying one of them. I think you just need to work through the stages on the list post-op you are given, from soups to mushy foods, to trying normal meat and veg type meals and see how you are, not worry too much about special recipies, although freezing some soups for immediately after the op is a good idea! xx

kathc

Agree with Andy I bought my slow cooker post op best idea ever ! After the surgery of course !!!

K

ruby tuesday

Have just bought one KathC, what do you recommend cooking – dislike curry and chilli, but any nice recepies?

medic

Hi Ruby, I have got a few slow cooker recipies, I willl see you soon. The one way I can eat ‘roast’ beef is in the slow cooker. I use a brisket, (cheap, but very tasty!), I will let you have the recipie if you want try it. it is so tender you can cut it with a fork!
    Hope to see you soon,
    Tom x @ruby tuesday 20954 wrote:

Have just bought one KathC, what do you recommend cooking – dislike curry and chilli, but any nice recepies?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media