Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Any ideas?

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Mands

@natalieyoung 27792 wrote:

Ah I put on weight to Mands it’s because you are only having liquids and then you go back on normal food which is heavier. You will be grand those 4lbs will come back off.

Hi Natalie

Do you fancy swapping details of some sort and sharing tips and general push each other along ?? i feel like this is real hard work and would love to do it with someone else along the journey if u get what i mean xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Mands and Natalie, that would be a great idea! It’s always easier to work with someone else I think. I had three people I worked very closely with in the early stages and it helped me enormously.

As for putting on weight, it has been bitterly cold these past few weeks and I suspect you have been driven to eat a bit more by that. The secret really is to just keep going and to make the right food choices every day. If you have a day where you don’t make good choices, learn from it, forgive yourself and move on. I think writing everything down is a good way to identify problem times in the day where you can be tempted to eat out of boredom or habit (don’t judge yourself for this – everyone does it) so that you can pre-warn yourself and find something else to do.

Having a friend alongside you in this hard journey makes it easier, of that much I am sure. Just keep going. As the old saying goes: ‘Never give up; never surrender’!!

Doodah x

natalieyoung

Yes Mands that sounds good to me hun. As I said at the min I am sticking to a low carb cal diet so need all the encouragement I can get. Don’t forget this is not a quick fix this is a whole life change. You will get into your own routine and you will cope til the next fill. Sure there is 10 weeks between my fill but I have had to get my head around it.

Lauren
    Keymaster

@natalieyoung 27825 wrote:

Yes Mands that sounds good to me hun. As I said at the min I am sticking to a low carb cal diet so need all the encouragement I can get. Don’t forget this is not a quick fix this is a whole life change. You will get into your own routine and you will cope til the next fill. Sure there is 10 weeks between my fill but I have had to get my head around it.

100% agree Natalie. WLS is not a quick fix. It really makes me angry when the media churn out the same old stuff about it being the ‘easy’ option! I’d love a journalist to go through it then be REALLY honest about how it feels and what a struggle it can be.

Doodah x

Mands

@natalieyoung 27825 wrote:

Cheers Natalie i replied to the inbox message xxx

Mands

@Doodah 27829 wrote:

100% agree Natalie. WLS is not a quick fix. It really makes me angry when the media churn out the same old stuff about it being the ‘easy’ option! I’d love a journalist to go through it then be REALLY honest about how it feels and what a struggle it can be.

Doodah x

I belong to many websites and i also do a spot of online bingo lol … i have told people exactly what WLS is all about and most do think its the easy option … but i tell them what its really like but even so … it is the general view cos of the media i think that wls is the easy option and most people dont deserve it …. they honestly have no idea xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

It’s infuriating isn’t it? I talk about my surgery to absolutely everyone who asks how I lost weight and make sure they understand how much hard work it is and will be for the rest of my life. No grey areas with me lol!!

Doodah x

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media