Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Another Newbie :-)

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Louis and welcome to the freindly forum! I’m sure one of our lovely bandsters will be along soon to answer your questions.

Whereabouts did you have your surgery? Was it with Streamline? If so, phone them at any time to get answers for the many questions that need answering after wls. If not, your team should still be available to help you in the early days when everything is strange and new (I remember it well!)

As for not going public, that is entirely your choice and will be respected by everyone here ;-))

Doodah x

lornaburg

Hi Louis

I’m now 15 days out of surgery so only a few days ahead of you. I did feel hunger for a couple of days after surgery but it soon died down and I was great for a couple of weeks whilst on liquids. On Monday I went onto purée and feel hungry now and really looking forward to my fill in mid June. I think it must be in my head as things can’t change overnight so I know it’s something I need to deal with, I believe it’s called Bandster Hell and it’s the period between the swelling in the stomach going down and having the first fill. There is no restriction during that period so it’s easy to overeat.

We’ll get through it and then we’ll wonder what the fuss was about.

Lorna

Lauren
    Keymaster

@lornaburg 23513 wrote:

Hi Louis

I’m now 15 days out of surgery so only a few days ahead of you. I did feel hunger for a couple of days after surgery but it soon died down and I was great for a couple of weeks whilst on liquids. On Monday I went onto purée and feel hungry now and really looking forward to my fill in mid June. I think it must be in my head as things can’t change overnight so I know it’s something I need to deal with, I believe it’s called Bandster Hell and it’s the period between the swelling in the stomach going down and having the first fill. There is no restriction during that period so it’s easy to overeat.

We’ll get through it and then we’ll wonder what the fuss was about.

Lorna

That’s the spirit Lorna ;-))

Doodah x

louis24

Bandster hell….. Oh my! Lol!

Well i have done endless shake diets so youd think id be fine but finding it hard, but i am so glad with the decision i made 🙂

I did have a sudden panic the day after the op and thought what the hell have i done! But the pain is easing now so i do feel good just hungry ha!

I have my first fill date of mid june too and i cant wait, so i know everything is as it should be 🙂

But they have warned me that i may not feel any restriction until 3rd fill hmmm seems like ages away 🙂

Keep me updated on your progress its great to hear it all 🙂 xx

Nettie

Another new bandster, welcome……………..
    As for how much you will need in your band who knows?? I have 8mls but thats taken 10 months so far, be patient this is the easy bit nowthe real bandster hell starts later on when you’ve been filled to the sweet spot and you are desperate to eat all the things that you guys can still eat, but you’ll adjust we all do and you’ll love the results. Feel free to ask any questions, I’m on here alot lately but do have periods of time when I work away so don’t get on for a while. Good luck all.

Nettie xx

Sammy39

Hi Doodah
    Thanks for your lovely welcome! I am 2 weeks post op tomorrow… so looking forward to my first ‘soft’ food since the Op… I don’t think I have ever been so hungry – but I have surprised myself by being so good – honestly – I’d never have thought it before now. I guess tomorrow brings a fresh challenge… keeping to the calorie count and controlling the portions… 😉

Fingers crossed we will all reach the finishing line 🙂

Speak soon,

Sammy!

Sammy39

Hi Carol and thanks! I’m very glad to be here. Even in the darkest early days… I came here to see you lot, because I knew I’d get the answers to my questions!! 🙂 I only hope that I will be able to offer support one day.

Look forward to nattering again soon
    Sammy

Sammy39

Oh Sam your message has given me such hope! I am pretty hungry now… I’m trying to keep my eye on the prize… My first band fill is not until the 12th June, and I’m hoping that I feel a little fuller than I do now! I haven’t been following any kind of liquid diet really – just Slimfast and soup – I’ve had some weightwatchers ice cream – I am trying to keep to 1200 calories daily, but am not sure how long I will be able to maintain that.

My next revelation is that I had secretly wanted to have the Op for some time, but never got around to doing it. Anyhow… on Tuesday 1st May I caught sight of myself in the mirror accidentally – I had always been careful not to look – and called for a consultation immediately. I managed to get a cancellation the following day. I went along, everything was exactly what I expected as I had done some research. I was offered a date at the end of May – and I just knew that if I waited that long I would either: change my mind, or stuff myself silly. Probably BOTH. So I insisted on a surgery cancellation for the 6th. Booked, Paid, had the bloods done and went home to tell my husband. I had to go on the pre-op diet immediately and hey presto – went ahead with the surgery a few days later. I have no idea what came over me – but it did. And I’m glad that it did. So far I have lost about a stone in weight – not bad for a hypothyroid! I have not told anyone else, which has been tricky at times. Not one of them would understand – they told me I was ‘lovely’ and didn’t need to lose weight. In fact, they positively sabotaged countless diets! But hey – I have some great new friends – that ‘get it’. I’m looking forward to doing some serious clothes shopping, and being on the way to where I want to be for my 40th birthday in November.

So facebook… I’m toying with it, but just don’t want to blow my cover just yet 😉

I’m so grateful for you being in touch and adding me as a friend!

Sammy

Sammy39

Nettie :-O

6 STONE??? That is so amazing!!! Wow. That is so exciting. What is your favourite thing about your new lifestyle? I honestly cant see that far ahead… so its great to hear that you are so far forward.

Sammy

Sammy39

Louis

You are most welcome to tag on 🙂 what a pleasure to meet you.

I’m also very hungry but somehow I’m managing to walk the line… I had a small band and 1ml in at the Op – so I’m hoping for a little more restriction on the first band fill on the 12th June. Sam tells us that she had her first band fill a few days ago and has noticed a significant difference. Fingers crossed for us, then 🙂

Keep in touch,

Sammy

Sammy39

Here here Lorna!

louis24

It’s so great coming back and reading these posts! Plus I am so glad I’m not the only one hunger on liquids 🙂

I’m onto soft foods on Tuesday, I can think up the easy things to have… Porridge… Mash… Fish pies etc but any other things I should be having in the purée stage? I read recipes for this stage and people were liquidizing salads?????? Eeew

Love to all xx

Nettie

@Sammy39 23590 wrote:

Nettie :-O

6 STONE??? That is so amazing!!! Wow. That is so exciting. What is your favourite thing about your new lifestyle? I honestly cant see that far ahead… so its great to hear that you are so far forward.

Sammy

I never dreamt I would get this far Sammy, I thought I’d be one of the few that failed with the band as I’ve failed at all the other diets I’ve tried. I love everthing about the new me, I constantly have to double take in the mirror because I can’t believe what I see when I look quickly and when you catch yoursdelf in the reflection of a shop window it’s really weird. Shopping is good fun now although I limit what I buy as I’m flying through the sizes too quickly to have many clothes I’m a size 16 in some clothes and a 14 in others which is lovely, I thought that 14-16 would probably be my ultimate size but my I still have weight to lose so I guess I may get down to a 12 eventually, not bad from a size 24 starting point 10 months ago. I love being able to walk and keep up with everyone else and to be honest I love looking normal, I can’t believe after all these years I finally look normal lol!!

Keep the faith it will soon be you in fact this time next year it will be you, take care and keep posting as the support on here is invaluable.

Nettie xx

Nettie

@louis24 23593 wrote:

It’s so great coming back and reading these posts! Plus I am so glad I’m not the only one hunger on liquids 🙂

I’m onto soft foods on Tuesday, I can think up the easy things to have… Porridge… Mash… Fish pies etc but any other things I should be having in the purée stage? I read recipes for this stage and people were liquidizing salads?????? Eeew

Love to all xx

Hi Louis,

I started with soups thickened with mash and moved slowly on from there, it’s hard at this stage I wasn’t brave enough to try spicy foods but I know someone that had liquidised curry and chilli. I had mainly mashed potato style meals, shepherds pie, fish pie, quorn mince is also very good as low in fat and very soft and of course full of protein which is what you need. In an emergency for a quick meal I used small tins of heinz spag bol as the pasta in that is very soft and mashed with a fork goes down well I added grated cheese for extra porotein. Good luck

Nettie xx

hides

Wow this is fab, when i joined back last june i can remember their was only a couple of band people, now we are all coming together. Fab, fab..

Unlike some of you i never felt hungry until i got to the 4/5 week mark. At 6 weeks i was ready for my first fill, and i didn’t realise that i had 2mls in from the op so i had another 2 mls, and the restriction started. We are all different and i have found that i can only take a small fill each time i go. But i will be honest and say i started the sloppy food by end of week 1 . Only a small amount, but my nurse told me i’d be fine, and i never had a problem. Maybe ths is why i never felt hungry…… Who knows 🙂

Wow nettie 6stone is brill, i’m about 3 months behind you and as i said before i’m at the 4stone mark, to think i could possibly lose another couple of stone is just beyond my dreams. I started my journey with 5 stone as my goal even thou the hospital told me i was 8 stone over weight. Like you nettie i started at a size 24 and i’ve just been shopping for size 18….. Very happy…. And using shops that i use to just walk past, 🙂 start saving, cos as nettie said you go throu clothes very quickly… Bought white jeans 6 weeks ago, worn once and now they just fall off. :).

Keep with it, everyone , it can only get better, and slimmer, and happier.
    Heidi. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media