Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Anniversary

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi All

I just wanted to share somthing with you all, it is a year exactly today that I received notification that I had had funding approval from my PCT and requested St Richards as my hospital of choice.

I’m now sitting here, having had my gastic bypass seven months ago, over six stone lighter and, something my daughter said to me Friday night has really hit home, she is 26 years old and she cannot remember a time when I was not on a diet, until this year.

What Chris Pring and the team have helped me achieve is nothing short of a miracle and there isn’t a day that goes by when I don’t thank all the powers that be for this gift, because it is a gift, from Manjit my weight management counsellor who helped me face up to the fact that I needed help and put me on the right road for gastic bypass, my GP for supporting my application and being so supporting before and after and the staff and team at St Richards and, how could I forget all my friends on the forum, you guys have been there every step of the way and helped me through more than a few sticky moments, I hope I have helped others the way you have all helped me, thank you is two small words but they mean such a lot.

My thanks go out to you all.
    Lots of love
    Lesley
    xxxxx:cheer2:

kathc

Well done Lesley . X x x

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

Irene

Hi Lesley,

Thank you for all your support too. You are doing so well and inspiration to us all.
    Keep up the good work.

Lots of Love

Doodah
    Keymaster

The support road is a two-way street. You have been and continue to be a brilliant friend to everyone on here. I hope you are very proud of yourself xx

Ganny
    Participant

Hi Lesley,
    I was just thinking that myself that this time last year I had just got my funding approved and choosen St Richards to have my op and that today I had actually started my food diary for them. Some times I have to pinch myself that this has really happened to me, 8 stone lighter and I have my life back on track. This time last year I could hardly walk let alone do the exercises that I do now, I was preparing for my annual trip up to Edinburgh to see my daughter before Christmas and dreading it really as I knew I wouldn’t be able to do what I wanted to do without loosing my breathe and having to stop every few steps, this year a completely different story, I can’t wait to go and as for walking and doing things bring it on. My daughter said to me after I had just had my op that when I was with her last year she was really worried about me and my health wait until she see’s me this year it will be her having trouble keeping up with me lol.
    Elaine xx

Nettie

You are all such an inspiration to us newer forum members, thankyou

Nettie xx

Deifersmum
    Participant

Thank you for all your kind words and support, Ganny you are FANTASTIC, you have come on in leaps and bounds and I hope you have a lovely time in Edinburgh your daughter is going to get a really surprise when she sees you again.

To all the newbie’s on here, hang in there chaps, it will come good and you’ll have lots of anniversaries too.

Thanks everyone for the kind words and ongoing support.

Lots of love
    Lesley
    xxx

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media