Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Alternative to milk diet?

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    muffin1001

Hi, sorry to ask something that I’m sure has been asked before…. if you don’t like milk, does anyone know please what the alternative low carb diet at St Richards entails?

Many thanks
    Muffin

Ganny
    Participant

Hi Muffin,
    I really don’t know what the other diet is other than the milk diet but I would phone St Richards and tell them you don’t like milk and what the alternative is, they will let you know but you will told this when you go to St Richards for your pre op anyway. My friend who like you did not drink milk when it came to doing the milk diet did actually manage to drink the milk rather than go on the alternative diet, she just focused on what was coming at the end of it.
    Elaine xx

Candy1

Hello
    i did not have the milk diet they gave me a good diet sheet a bit like the Atkins which was easy to follow, i lost 1 stone 10lb in the 2 week lead up
    so please do not worry they have diets that suit every one.

take care
    Denise

Doodah
    Keymaster

There are alternatives to the milk diet to ensure that anyone with a lactose intollerance or religious/cultural dietry requirement can lose weight before surgery. Just have a word with your dietitian.

Doodah x

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media