Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Advice

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Lornz86

Hi Guys

I’m currently having a very tight week with my band sometimes struggling to even get fluids in. I can not eat much apart from soup and yogurts. Weight loss is amazing but I feel I nee to eat more because I don’t wanna get ill. What could be causing this extreme tightness??

Thank you

Lorna

treeza

Hi Hun I’m not a bandster but if I was you I’d ring your team. Have you recently had a fill? Maybe they filled too much? Could you have eaten something that is stuck? Poor you. I hope you get the help you need x take care x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Lornz86 29583 wrote:

Hi Guys

I’m currently having a very tight week with my band sometimes struggling to even get fluids in. I can not eat much apart from soup and yogurts. Weight loss is amazing but I feel I nee to eat more because I don’t wanna get ill. What could be causing this extreme tightness??

Thank you

Lorna

Hi Lorna

Treeza is right, you should probably ring your team for advice.

Several factors could be at play here including change in temperature, stress, dehydration (from central heating etc) or general illness but as we are not clinicians, it’s always best to contact people who are.

Hope you get some answers soon. So long as the soup you are eating is highly nutritious, I don’t think you need to worry too much about not eating much for a few days or so. Hydration is THE most important thing to remember at every stage of the wls journey.

Please find below the 20:20:20 rule for you to check against:

Do You Know The 20:20:20 Rule? | Uncategorized | Bariatric Cookery

Please contact your team though and let us know how you get on 😉

Doodah x

brown69owl

Hi Lorna

You should go and get fluid removed , weight loss is great but it doesn’t stay off that way. Also your symptons will get worse. My band suddenly went tight after 2 weeks , doctor thinks something small may of got stuck and caused me to get inflamed.

Jackie

Lornz86

Thanks everyone x I am still suffering so will be making the call tomorrow to get a emergency appointment ASAP x I’m hungry and feel so weak, I’m moody and tired…

Lornz86

Hi

I went to casualty last night and was had 1 ml taken out and was able to eat and drink finally…. Awaiting confirmation for appointment to have it put back this week…. Thanks for all of your advice much appreciated…

Lorna

Lauren
    Keymaster

So glad you are feeling better now Lorna. The NHS are fabulous when really needed aren’t they? I spent yesterday in A&E and they were simply marvellous.

Doodah x

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media