Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

A theoretical what if question

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Pre- Weight Loss Surgery » A theoretical what if question

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Paul-H
    Participant

Hi All

I am a week away from starting the pre op diet and have a bit of a theoretical what if question

At the moment I am just sitting above the minimum weight for having a bypass on the NHS but what would happen if during the pre op diet my weight drops below that magic figure, would I turn up on the day of my operation and get turned away because I am now under the published minimum weight.

Has this ever happened to anyone on here? Should I add a few pounds in the next week just to be on the safe side 🙂

Thanks for any help

Paul

katy

Hi Paul,
    I was in the same place as you, just hovering on the minimum weight. I lost a lot of weight over Christmas and when I went to my pre op assessment there was no issue. If anything they congratulated me. I am now at the tail end of my pre op diet and am booked for bypass on wednesday. I have lost 2stone in total and now have a BMI of around 37.
    I think you should be fine, the pre op diet is designed to shrink the liver but also to kick start your weight loss.
    Good luck!
    Katy x

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media