Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

A long journey

Home ยป Topics ยป Surgical Journey ยป Health & Exercise ยป A long journey

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi guys

Just thought I’d keep you up to date on how things are progressing for me after having my second round of plastics cancelled due to illness.

Today I am having an ultrasound to identify what the frilly heck is going on with my kidneys! Have had three dodgy urine test results in as many months and also something amiss with my white blood cell count. I’m not entirely certain that the rest of my plastics will ever go ahead as I’m just too much of an infection risk.

I have come to terms with it now but have been very miserable about it for a few weeks. However, the other day I told myself to get a grip! Having my boobs done is a necessity due to back problems and infections but my bingo wings were just for my own vanity I suppose (although they are SO heavy.) What I should really be focusing on is being HEALTHY. I have an auto immune problem that could stop me from ever having any elective surgery again and I just have to accept it. I’m only human so for a good three weeks, I have been a right misery guts! Today, needing my kidneys looked at has reinforced that notion no end! I started my wls journey almost five years ago so I have learned to be very patient ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anyway, that’s me at the moment. Lets hope they can give me a) some answers and b) a plan of action to resolve it. I’m off now to drink a litre of water and try not to think about peeing haha!

Catch you later guys and remember – ‘If’ is half of ‘life’…..

Doodah x

Whitey

Hi Doodah sorry to hear you are having so many problems and I can imagine how much you wanted to complete your weight loss journey. But I think you have achieved so much and helped and inspired so many of us. Yes it would have been great to have the “icing on the cake” but think of the great things you have achieved by transforming your life in the last few years. I hope your health problems can be sorted out and you can complete your journey Elaine x

Lauren
    Keymaster

I’m absolutely fine with it if that’s how it is meant to be Elaine. I am a firm believer in fate so will take what life gives me.

Thank you so much for saying such lovely things. I love my job and think I am the luckiest person in the world ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi Sue

Sorry to hear you are still having problems, hope it gets sorted soon and you can have the final phase of plastics done, you do so deserve this final step in your long journey.

Hope the Ultrasound went ok and they didn’t find anything to troublesome.

Paul

Lauren
    Keymaster

Thanks Paul. I think I will get a definitive answer next week – hope so!

I’m going to see Mr Bennett again to discuss whether or not I should go ahead. If he says no then I will accept it.

Sometimes in life we don’t get what we want but what we need so I will trust in fate as I always do. Things always happen for a reason ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media