Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

9 weeks tomorrow and not hungry – any advice?

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » The Gastric Bypass Operation » The first 6 months of the Gastric Bypass » 9 weeks tomorrow and not hungry – any advice?

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Floyd

Hello there Streamliners

I have been a little under the weather (emotionally) and now my appetite has really disappeared, I don’t seem to feel like eating and anything I cook is just a struggle to get down. Is this a normal stage to go through or does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get over this blip. I tried a fish finger tonight and have got a seed dusted fish fillet to try tomorrow night but am just not coping that well – maybe a call to the dietitician is the best plan…. I love mince and made some last week and it was just so lumpy and fatty to me (even though it was the extra lean stuff)…

Floydee
    xx

sharlotte

Sorry to hear your having a tough time ? I’m only 3 days in so probably won’t be much use! Maybe trying something completely new and exciting might encourage u to eat a bit!?
    I hope someone comes to your aid soon, defo call the dietician that’s what they are there for!!! Good luck xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Absolutely call your dietitian. It’s normal not to feel hungry so it seems obvious that if you don’t feel like eating, preparing anything is a drag. However, you have to stay healthy. How about going back to hearty soups for a while? Quorn mince is a bariatric person’s best friend. It ‘feels’ just like the finest beef mince but has virtually no fat but heaps of protein. I use it all the time now. My family didn’t even know until they saw the empty packet one day haha!

Give the dietitian a call. They will have oodles of things to suggest. It’s what they are there for as Sharlotte says 😉

If you don’t already have them, why not consider buying Carol Ball’s books. They are like bibles to newbies. Carol also sends out monthly free newsletters with fab new ideas that are not in the book.

Doodah x

Return to Slender, the UK’s first bariatric cookery book | Bariatric Cookery

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media