Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

8th August milk diet start

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Daniegant

Im due to start milk diet on 8th August for surgery on the 15th, I so far have no idea what I’m doing? Any help would be appreciated, I’m seeing dietician, next Tuesday evening, but means ill only have one day to get everything I need! Thanks in advance!! Xx

treeza

Morning I’m 12 days post surgery so milk diet still fresh in my mind. Must haves are sugar free milk shakes, sugar free jelly & oxo cubes. I have to say my favourite was lamb as it had a hint of mint. I always saved the oxo for dinner so whilst everyone else was eating I didn’t feel left out. It worked most nights. I got the Harley’s sugar free jelly easy to make up & if you want a slight change you can dissolve the granules in small amount of boiling water then add milk from you allowance for a milky jelly.
    I found the first couple of days difficult then it was fine. It really prepares you for both surgery & post op too.

Wishing you all the very best x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@treeza 29175 wrote:

Morning I’m 12 days post surgery so milk diet still fresh in my mind. Must haves are sugar free milk shakes, sugar free jelly & oxo cubes. I have to say my favourite was lamb as it had a hint of mint. I always saved the oxo for dinner so whilst everyone else was eating I didn’t feel left out. It worked most nights. I got the Harley’s sugar free jelly easy to make up & if you want a slight change you can dissolve the granules in small amount of boiling water then add milk from you allowance for a milky jelly.
    I found the first couple of days difficult then it was fine. It really prepares you for both surgery & post op too.

Wishing you all the very best x

Perfect, perfect answer: thanks Treeza. I would add maybe take a multivitamin and mineral tablet but I’m not sure if it is recommended anymore? I did it because as I was having a bypass I would have to do it for the rest of my life anyway so thought what the heck – start now!

Doodah x

treeza

Oops yes a multi vitamin I got Centrum advance as it seems to have everything in it! x

Lauren
    Keymaster

In truth, I think they are all equally as good as each other. I have had Centrum, Sanatogen Gold and the one there is a current shortage of and I can’t remember the name because I’m too tired haha! They all do the job 😉

doodah x

Daniegant

Thank you so much for reply, with the sugar free milk shakes is there any particular syrups to use or will any do as long as sugar free? Thanks xx

treeza

There is a sugar free mega store which has some yummy sugar free milk shakes. I’m not sure how to attach the link. Doodah posted it on here for me a few weeks ago. Crusha do sugar free milk shake but I couldn’t find any! Good luck x

Whitey

Don’t forget your milky coffees.

onewayoflife
    Participant

Hi Daniegant,

I start my Milk diet on 7th! :dance: I also came on to the forum to find out more about the milk diet. Does anyone know of any sugar free milk shakes that are not Nestles?

Katy x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Daniegant 29186 wrote:

Thank you so much for reply, with the sugar free milk shakes is there any particular syrups to use or will any do as long as sugar free? Thanks xx

Bariatrics megastore

Sugar free heaven!

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@treeza 29187 wrote:

There is a sugar free mega store which has some yummy sugar free milk shakes. I’m not sure how to attach the link. Doodah posted it on here for me a few weeks ago. Crusha do sugar free milk shake but I couldn’t find any! Good luck x

Bariatrics megastore

There you go again xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Also, when reading nutrition labels, remember that they are for ‘per 100g’. In the early stages you most probably won’t be able to eat 100g of anything so you can adjust it accordingly.

As a rule of thumb for wls: less than 3% fat and less than 5% sugar/carbs. I take these numbers in my head with me everywhere. I don’t always abide by them – holidays for instance – but most days I will not exceed them. It seems to keep me at a nice level weight which doesn’t waver too much. I have a benchmark of 5 lbs: if I gain more than that for whatever reason, I go back to fresh, homemade soup for a week or two and it comes off.

Hope that is helpful xx

Doodah x

treeza

Thank you Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

You’re most welcome my lovely 🙂

Doodah x

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media