Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

7 months

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

So glad to hear you got reassurance from your team Kim. After care is pretty amazing isn’t it?

Are you feeling a bit better today – as in stronger? I do hope so my lovely 🙂

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Thank you doodah , I am getting better pain decreasing . Every day I’m improving walking 1/2 mile a day x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 32685 wrote:

Thank you doodah , I am getting better pain decreasing . Every day I’m improving walking 1/2 mile a day x

I’m now going to sound like a big old nag but please don’t push yourself too hard. Remember, wls isn’t just for Christmas, it’s for life! There is plenty of time (God willing) for us all to get it right 😉

Doodah x

treeza

Hi Kim I hope your feeling loads better & not so tired. You’re amazing xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Kim is SO amazing that she stood in for me when I couldn’t make the support group on Thursday due to an emergency. What a woman!! Thank you Kim, your’e a star xx

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

So it’s 11 months since my bypass . And two weeks since I had an emergency appendectomy . I have now lost 8 stone . And only 7 pound to go till I’m at a normal bmi . It’s unbelievable folks how my life has changed . I’m having to be good and rest as I’m still quite fatigued from the operation . The problem is that my head knows this but I still feel a hundred percent better than before I had my bypass so I have to actively think no stop Kim rest . I look at myself in the mirror and it’s weirded seeing the person looking back . I haven’t been this weight in 24 years . WLS has helped get rid of nearly all my heath problems , asthma . Sleep apnoea, high blood pressure . Gastric reflux. Which I hoped for . But my heart still is a bit poorly.
    I saw the cardiologist on Thursday . He was so shocked by the change in me. My aortic valve has 49% restriction . So just in the moderate category . So no surgery at the moment . They will monitor every 6 month. . I was a tiny bit disappointed as part of me wanted the miracle he would say Kim you heart valve has completely healed . But as my good friend said who came with me . You are a miracle we didn’t think we would have you here this time last year so be thankful . Exactly what I needed to hear . So streamline thank you

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 32705 wrote:

So it’s 11 months since my bypass . And two weeks since I had an emergency appendectomy . I have now lost 8 stone . And only 7 pound to go till I’m at a normal bmi . It’s unbelievable folks how my life has changed . I’m having to be good and rest as I’m still quite fatigued from the operation . The problem is that my head knows this but I still feel a hundred percent better than before I had my bypass so I have to actively think no stop Kim rest . I look at myself in the mirror and it’s weirded seeing the person looking back . I haven’t been this weight in 24 years . WLS has helped get rid of nearly all my heath problems , asthma . Sleep apnoea, high blood pressure . Gastric reflux. Which I hoped for . But my heart still is a bit poorly.
    I saw the cardiologist on Thursday . He was so shocked by the change in me. My aortic valve has 49% restriction . So just in the moderate category . So no surgery at the moment . They will monitor every 6 month. . I was a tiny bit disappointed as part of me wanted the miracle he would say Kim you heart valve has completely healed . But as my good friend said who came with me . You are a miracle we didn’t think we would have you here this time last year so be thankful . Exactly what I needed to hear . So streamline thank you

Kim, I can’t tell you how much this post means to me.

I remember the ‘dark days’ when you thought you wouldn’t get wls and that your future was bleak. How disappointed you were when first you got knocked back for surgery. I was saying to you that it wasn’t the right time and that things happen for a reason. Well, I believed that now and I still do.

You are living proof that wls isn’t just about making people prettier, it’s about getting healthy, clawing back your life and building a good future for yourself and your loved ones. You have given your family the best present they will ever receive – YOU!

I’m so, so happy for you. But more than that, I’m so privileged to know you. You are a true inspiration.

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Your so right for me it’s about being healthy for me and my family . I was a bit cheeky and asked the cardiologist could I have a tummy tuck . He said no it would put too much strain on my heart at this moment in time . So I’m going to love and honour my saggy belly , ect with pride and be happy for the life I now have

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 32722 wrote:

Your so right for me it’s about being healthy for me and my family . I was a bit cheeky and asked the cardiologist could I have a tummy tuck . He said no it would put too much strain on my heart at this moment in time . So I’m going to love and honour my saggy belly , ect with pride and be happy for the life I now have

It was all about health for me too. I’ve had my tummy tuck but boy oh boy did I pay for it health wise. Three weeks off work and a really nasty infection and seroma. I didn’t have my bingo wings or boobs done (even though I had the money put aside) and guess what? The world didn’t end! But more importantly, I have learned to live with them. And that’s the thing – I am living.

You are amazing Kim. You continue to be a huge inspiration to everyone and are (literally) LIVING proof of how wls can save your life in addition to making the future for you and your family brighter.

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

I am so proud of my self . Today I went back to the gym and managed 20 minutes of aqua . I’m now 4 weeks post operative of my nasty appendectomy . I was tender and had a dull ache over the op site so I stopped , but for me it was important not to lose my mojo .tomorrow I’m hoping to try 10 minutes on the cross trainer if I ache I’ll stop , it’s just about building up my exercise again .

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 32754 wrote:

I am so proud of my self . Today I went back to the gym and managed 20 minutes of aqua . I’m now 4 weeks post operative of my nasty appendectomy . I was tender and had a dull ache over the op site so I stopped , but for me it was important not to lose my mojo .tomorrow I’m hoping to try 10 minutes on the cross trainer if I ache I’ll stop , it’s just about building up my exercise again .

You are, and always will be, a little marvel.

Your journey has been such an inspiration and I feel so in tune with you about how life-giving wls is. Every step forward you take makes me SO happy. You are my little trouper.

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Well I just going to give my self some of my own advice . Rest and heal .
    I have found it hard to recover from this second surgery it’ was 5 weeks on Friday that I had my appendectomy and also they took out some more small bowel due to adhesions . I be a year of my bypass on the 28 of this month . . And honestly I’m still very tired and having to go to bed at 9 in the evening . My energy levels are really low . I tried going back to the gym but iit was exhausting . I think I didn’t appreciate how much two surgery has effected me .so I’m going to rest and heal

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 32809 wrote:

Well I just going to give my self some of my own advice . Rest and heal .
    I have found it hard to recover from this second surgery it’ was 5 weeks on Friday that I had my appendectomy and also they took out some more small bowel due to adhesions . I be a year of my bypass on the 28 of this month . . And honestly I’m still very tired and having to go to bed at 9 in the evening . My energy levels are really low . I tried going back to the gym but iit was exhausting . I think I didn’t appreciate how much two surgery has effected me .so I’m going to rest and heal

Very glad to hear it Kim.

I think we all forget just how much surgery can take out of us – especially those of us of a certain age and female! I guess all we can do is listen to our bodies. Some people bounce back after surgery like they had a splinter removed and others take months and months. Neither is ‘wrong’ or ‘right’, it’s just how we are.

I have noticed, however, that those who eat good amounts of protein seem to fare better. For many of us, keeping our protein levels topped up can be quite difficult.

So, Kim, take your own advice and listen to your body. It has worked SO hard for you this past year that it needs to be rewarded with a nice little holiday 😉

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Well coming up for my one year and how time has flown , I wasn’t sure when I Had my surgery just checked and the 26 TH nov . !!!!!! Seems another life ago

Lauren
    Keymaster

I can’t believe how the time has flown either Kim.

You have changed so much. Not just the outside but inside too. You of all people understand just how precious life is…and how easily it can be taken away. I’m so happy that wls helped you so much. what would we all do without you now? Your kind, gentle manner; your soft, comforting voice; your brilliant smile and, the best bit, your quick sense of humour.

Your surgery not only changed and improved your life, but that of everyone around you. I, for one, am very, very grateful 😉

Doodah x

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media