Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

7 months

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

Take some hand warm up packs and put them in your socks at night. Or failing that, a hot water bottle. I find that if my feet are warm the rest of me eventually catches up!

Whereabouts are you going? I love being in the mountains. I’m off to Austria at the end of the month 😉

Doodah x

bikerchris
    Participant

I’m going to the Ardennes, camping near Spa in Belgium. I’ve planned some nice motorbiking routes to take in the scenery. I’ll visit the thermal springs at Spa (apparently the water is renowned for rejuvenating skin and aiding joint problems), for the rest of the time, I fancy just some peace and quiet, ideally by a river with a good book. Sounds heavenly.

Lauren
    Keymaster

@bikerchris 32525 wrote:

I’m going to the Ardennes, camping near Spa in Belgium. I’ve planned some nice motorbiking routes to take in the scenery. I’ll visit the thermal springs at Spa (apparently the water is renowned for rejuvenating skin and aiding joint problems), for the rest of the time, I fancy just some peace and quiet, ideally by a river with a good book. Sounds heavenly.

Wow Chris that sounds like a truly magical plan! I’m so in awe of you being able to ride a motorbike! i was a bit of a biker chic back in the 70s but never had the courage to get my licence. My friend has just got hers and she nips around London to get to work – no traffic jams for her!

Hope you have a fabulous time and if you think of it, i would love to see some holiday snaps!

Have fun!

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Defiantly get some thermal vest and leggings , warm socks and a hat . Then your be as warm as toast

Lauren
    Keymaster

I have to admit that in the depths of Winter, I sometimes have a teeny tiny regret about having #wls. However, it lasts for no more than a few seconds. Once I have my feet in my heated big slipper and a nice hot brew, I’m 100% thankful again. That’s just me being totally honest. Especially around Christmas/New Year/party time when I then get to put on my best dress and some heels and feel so lucky to be with my family.

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

9 months today yeah 7 stone loss . And it feels wonderful , not just being able to wear nice clothes but just being healthy . It’s been such a long time were I can actually say I’m well . As you know I been working slowly with my GP support through my list of medical diagnosis ticking them off one at a time . Asthma .which was uncontrollable ( very scary) I’m only on a blue reliever just if I need it with a virus. Well I had a chest infection and needed antibiotics but didn’t need my inhaler.
    Im now off my blood pressure tablets as my BP is within normal range . I’m off my heart meds because my BP is normal . I just been signed off the sleep apnoea clinic as my episodes are within normal range I don’t have to sleep with that mask on any more .
    One thing I have noticed just my internal perception of my physical health is a bit off key . I struggle when I’m unwell physically to know when I need to go and see my GP . It’s because when I’m not well I feel so much better than I was before WLS ! Eg I had a cold and was coughing , my husband and friend made me go to the GP but I though I just had a virus and they were fussing , infact I did I have a chest infection and neede antibiotics . I noticed this happen a couple of times . I thought I was just a little constipated but I had a UTI . On my bucket list is to reduce my prescription medication down to just thyroxine and an a aspirin ( thins the blood ) I still have a doggy heart valve but I knew
    wls wouldn’t fix that , but I’m pushing back that surgery into the future . I feel like Lazurus it’s amazing really in only 9 months , thank you streamline Team . You really have given me my life back

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 32573 wrote:

9 months today yeah 7 stone loss . And it feels wonderful , not just being able to wear nice clothes but just being healthy . It’s been such a long time were I can actually say I’m well . As you know I been working slowly with my GP support through my list of medical diagnosis ticking them off one at a time . Asthma .which was uncontrollable ( very scary) I’m only on a blue reliever just if I need it with a virus. Well I had a chest infection and needed antibiotics but didn’t need my inhaler.
    Im now off my blood pressure tablets as my BP is within normal range . I’m off my heart meds because my BP is normal . I just been signed off the sleep apnoea clinic as my episodes are within normal range I don’t have to sleep with that mask on any more .
    One thing I have noticed just my internal perception of my physical health is a bit off key . I struggle when I’m unwell physically to know when I need to go and see my GP . It’s because when I’m not well I feel so much better than I was before WLS ! Eg I had a cold and was coughing , my husband and friend made me go to the GP but I though I just had a virus and they were fussing , infact I did I have a chest infection and neede antibiotics . I noticed this happen a couple of times . I thought I was just a little constipated but I had a UTI . On my bucket list is to reduce my prescription medication down to just thyroxine and an a aspirin ( thins the blood ) I still have a doggy heart valve but I knew
    wls wouldn’t fix that , but I’m pushing back that surgery into the future . I feel like Lazurus it’s amazing really in only 9 months , thank you streamline Team . You really have given me my life back

Honestly Kim, the change in you in such a short space of time is phenomenal. I’m so happy for and proud of you. You have been very, very brave and reaped the rewards.

I also have to say that, as part of the Streamline team (very small part) I couldn’t be more delighted to have you as my deputy for the South Coast Support Group. Your calm, gentle manner is just what is required when people are worried or scared. Your clinical knowledge is such a boon for the group too, especially in your particular area of expertise!

Above all that, I’m delighted to have you as a friend. You really are one of life’s sweethearts.

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

So 10 months out and life is still good . Some one at aqua asked if they could have what I’m on as I smile all the time !! . Weight loss had really slowed down May be 1 pound a week , and that’s with regular exercise , I have also started Pilates class and also going on a Pilates reformer , my goodness it’s hard work , So every pound is a bonus , it means I’m like every one else having to work at it .That’s good i now have the tools to do this . Just one word of warning , I have over done it a few tines going to the gym and aqua for 90 minutes !!!! Silly me , I did feel rough the next day and stiff . But what a bonus to feel muscle stiff after exercise that’s a first lol . Seriously I’m still adjusting to this new body . I feel great but must remember Rome wasn’t built in a day ,

bikerchris
    Participant

Love that you’re enthusiastic and enjoying yourself, 90 mins exercise tho, no wonder you suffered next day. My exercise is still limited to walking with my lovely dog, but I’ve increased time and distance and can now go uphill. Feel a bit guilty because everyone on here seems to fling themselves around the gym. I’m thinking of getting back into swimming, i went once when i was on holiday and enjoyed it

Chris x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@bikerchris 32636 wrote:

Love that you’re enthusiastic and enjoying yourself, 90 mins exercise tho, no wonder you suffered next day. My exercise is still limited to walking with my lovely dog, but I’ve increased time and distance and can now go uphill. Feel a bit guilty because everyone on here seems to fling themselves around the gym. I’m thinking of getting back into swimming, i went once when i was on holiday and enjoyed it

Chris x

Chris, never ever feel guilty about how much time you spend exercising. Remember the saying: ‘No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everyone sitting on the couch’ I can’t do as much exercise as I would like but I do what is within my capabilities. I go to Breatheasy, which is run by the British Lung Foundation. We do exercises that are chair based and suitable for people with chronic lung conditions. It is once a week but I do them at home every other day.

Dog walking is great exercise and it’s enjoyable. It is also sociable and you are getting fresh air. I 100% winner i would say!

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Just out of hospital , I said I felt rough and was over doing it . But Fridays had bad stomach cramp s though oh no not wind again took buscopan and some pain meds the hospital px in July . Luckily I had run out and needed to see out of hour GP . I am walking over double at a this point . I ask for some more tramadole . And she convinced me and my hubby to see a surgical team as the pain was low down to high for wind . This is on Saturday . They didn’t think I had appendicitis but bloods showeds I had an infection . My pain wasn’t typical for appendicitis . Long and the short had a CT scan Monday and yes appendicistits . In fact when the operated it was Nasty big abcess and small bowel adhesions so they took some of my small bowel away but you got loads anyway .Really scary post op but don’t want to keep going over it as frightens me .
    Whilst they were their they took a look at my bypass and said it was lovely no problems , no hernias or any twisted bowels yeah streamline love you loads .
    Seriously why I’m posting is we must be careful not every tummy pain ,cramp is related to our bypass I had been having twinges for a few months but thought I was over doing exercise , wind . Ect . I have problems understanding this new body and my base line for what normal is really low . So when I’m ill I feel a hundred percent better than before my bypass . Thank goodness I have had WLS it scares me to think how I would have managed this crisis with a body that was so unwell , thank you again for saving my life . Ps I’m still a bit high on the anaesthetics and pain meds so this could be all over the place lol and have I lost any weight this week being on clear fluids for three day taking a bit out of my body NO . That’s just rude he he whops still a bit high

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 32660 wrote:

Just out of hospital , I said I felt rough and was over doing it . But Fridays had bad stomach cramp s though oh no not wind again took buscopan and some pain meds the hospital px in July . Luckily I had run out and needed to see out of hour GP . I am walking over double at a this point . I ask for some more tramadole . And she convinced me and my hubby to see a surgical team as the pain was low down to high for wind . This is on Saturday . They didn’t think I had appendicitis but bloods showeds I had an infection . My pain wasn’t typical for appendicitis . Long and the short had a CT scan Monday and yes appendicistits . In fact when the operated it was Nasty big abcess and small bowel adhesions so they took some of my small bowel away but you got loads anyway .Really scary post op but don’t want to keep going over it as frightens me .
    Whilst they were their they took a look at my bypass and said it was lovely no problems , no hernias or any twisted bowels yeah streamline love you loads .
    Seriously why I’m posting is we must be careful not every tummy pain ,cramp is related to our bypass I had been having twinges for a few months but thought I was over doing exercise , wind . Ect . I have problems understanding this new body and my base line for what normal is really low . So when I’m ill I feel a hundred percent better than before my bypass . Thank goodness I have had WLS it scares me to think how I would have managed this crisis with a body that was so unwell , thank you again for saving my life . Ps I’m still a bit high on the anaesthetics and pain meds so this could be all over the place lol and have I lost any weight this week being on clear fluids for three day taking a bit out of my body NO . That’s just rude he he whops still a bit high

You are so funny Kim!

You have made a really important point about ignoring things like pain and discomfort and putting it down to wls. Not everything can be blamed on it! Like you say, many of us have lived with pain for years and just see it as something we have to put up with. I also think that we are mostly the type of people who don’t want to cause a ‘fuss’ or draw any attention to ourselves so we leave it.

Those days are over! I know exactly how you feel about being scared about what might have happened to you before your surgery. I know I most definitely wouldn’t be here now if I hadn’t had mine. But we are! We are still going to get poorly and we still have the same chance of getting struck by lightening! But life improves because we now have choices and goals we know we have every chance of fulfilling.

You take care of yourself my lovely and keep telling us all about the funny five minutes you are having on your pain killers haha!

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Hi one week since my surgery and lost scary 11 pound . I feel like I did when I first had surgery but this time I can eat a great variety of food . . I have learnt a lot from my bypass surgery , keep pain meds up , keep fluid levels up ( so dry and thirsty) keep moving , watch out for wind . Rest and learn to listen to your new body . Oh and hot water bottles are great

Lauren
    Keymaster

the healing/comfort power of a hot water bottle cannot be overestimated. I have four – all different sizes for different parts of my body haha! They can also be used as ice packs – just fill them with crushed ice 😉

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

I love hot water bottles wish I used them when I had a by pass, it’s meant I can reduce the tramadole . ( this gives me scary dreams . One tip put on beautiful music on with head phones stopped the horrific drug related dreams ) .
    Also I phoned streamline dietitian about losing so much weight this far out . They were so kind and advised me to up my snack for a week 6 eating opportunities high protein and I can always get back to them if the weight continues to fall of dramatically like it’s done this week . How that folks for a service I can honestly say that I’m so impressed with my team it was so reassuring to hear that it just my little body ( get me it is tiny now) coping with the trauma it’s just experienced .

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media