Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

7 months

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Kimberly
    Participant

7 months toady life changing and transforming WLS . I lost 71% of my excess weight which is 6 stone today . I’m off most of my meds I’m also trying to see if I need my BP med with GP support , I’m taking my BP at home and it’s look g good so far . So I just might be on thyroxine ( that for life ) aspirin and maybe cholesterol meds plus if course the multi vitamins we all have to take . What I can do is amazing eg I went to the gym on Tuesday did 20 min cardio and I started to run on the treadmill 1/2 minutes at a time . Let’s remember folk they did say my heart was too poorly for surgery this time last year . Then I did 30 minutes weight . Because it’s important to keep muscle when losing weight helps burn calories . I then did an aqua arobic class . I found aqua really helped me get into exercising . At tea time I did a Pilates class . I done 5/6 and would recommend this exercise it help build up core muscles and I can feel my self getting stronger . They have some wonderful stretches , get this I can do the pigeon stretch ( have a look on you tube ) and that from a lady who couldn’t get off the flour a year ago paint my toe nails or clean my windows . Apparently in very flexible , I never knew that ! . My BMI was 50 it’s now 32 so not much more and I will then fall into the over weight category amazing . I be honest I loved to get to a BMI of 24/ 25 but the dietitian think I should aim for late 20 . And as we only guarantee to lose 70% of our excess weight any thing else from this should be seen as bonus . What a journey it’s been and how thankful I am to all of you who helped me on this amazing journey

audrasharon
    Kimberly wrote:
    7 months toady life changing and transforming WLS . I lost 71% of my excess weight which is 6 stone today . I’m off most of my meds I’m also trying to see if I need my BP med with GP support , I’m taking my BP at home and it’s look g good so far . So I just might be on thyroxine ( that for life ) aspirin and maybe cholesterol meds plus if course the multi vitamins we all have to take . What I can do is amazing eg I went to the gym on Tuesday did 20 min cardio and I started to run on the treadmill 1/2 minutes at a time . Let’s remember folk they did say my heart was too poorly for surgery this time last year . Then I did 30 minutes weight . Because it’s important to keep muscle when losing weight helps burn calories . I then did an aqua arobic class . I found aqua really helped me get into exercising . At tea time I did a Pilates class . I done 5/6 and would recommend this exercise it help build up core muscles and I can feel my self getting stronger . They have some wonderful stretches , get this I can do the pigeon stretch ( have a look on you tube ) and that from a lady who couldn’t get off the flour a year ago paint my toe nails or clean my windows . Apparently in very flexible , I never knew that ! . My BMI was 50 it’s now 32 so not much more and I will then fall into the over weight category amazing . I be honest I loved to get to a BMI of 24/ 25 but the dietitian think I should aim for late 20 . And as we only guarantee to lose 70% of our excess weight any thing else from this should be seen as bonus . What a journey it’s been and how thankful I am to all of you who helped me on this amazing journey

You have had amazing results, what you can see is amazing enough before you even start on the unseen effects. You so deserve what is happening to you! Your kindness, support and friendship to all is always appreciated! X

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 32370 wrote:

I truly has been a privilege to watch you come out of your chrysalis like the beautiful little butterfly you are! No only have you managed to make your own life better, but all those around you. You are a ray of sunshine and such a great support to everyone here and in the support group.

I hope you are very, very proud of yourself. As proud as we all are of you. In 7 short months you have achieved an almost impossible feat. I’m proud to call you a friend. Don’t focus on the numbers and you will be even happier! Yes, I know I’m a big old nag!

Well done and thank you for sharing your amazing journey with us.

Doodah x

ps love ‘7 months toady’. Gotta love auto correct haha!

Kimberly
    Participant

Yeah I know numbers dictating Heath , achievements . I do work on this as my head say number shouldn’t control your identity . I am generally good about this , just sometimes a tiny bit in a corner says differently . I’m not unhappy or disappointed in fact far from it . Life is good

bikerchris
    Participant

Thank you for telling us the journey you have taken. You are a great example and the posts you make have helped me personally a great deal. I love that for every new person who comes to this forum, there are people that bit further along the path to guide them.

Chris x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@bikerchris 32375 wrote:

Thank you for telling us the journey you have taken. You are a great example and the posts you make have helped me personally a great deal. I love that for every new person who comes to this forum, there are people that bit further along the path to guide them.

Chris x

You have hit the nail right on the head Chris. It doesn’t matter at what stage you are, there is always someone on here who is just that bit ahead that can help you with anything you need to know. couldn’t be better really. Also, no matter at what stage we are, we are ALL so happy for every new person who has wls as we know what wonderful times lie ahead for them. That’s actually my favourite bit!

Doodah x

emma1975

I couldn’t agree more, Kimberley’s story& positive posts are truly inspirational.
    I dont post often, but i read a lot& kimberly, you should be the pin up girl for wls! I’m amazed at how much you’ve achieved & i love reading about your positive outlook on your new life

Lauren
    Keymaster

I am lucky enough that Kim has agreed to be my ‘Deputy’ at the South Coast Support Group, should I not be able to attend for what ever reason.

Her gentle, calm, manner plus enthusiasm and common sense make her the perfect choice. I think the group is very fortunate indeed – but I am even luckier 😉

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Thank you but I couldn’t have done it without you all x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 32383 wrote:

Thank you but I couldn’t have done it without you all x

You know what? I reckon you could have. But it’s easier with the help of supportive friends 😉

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

I just got back from my holiday camping , I had a wonderful time . What a difference in a year last year I was driven to and from event , but this year It was 20 minute walk . I had no difficulties with food and even managed to go our for a meal chicken Caesar salad . I did find it cold at night and wore four tee shirts as well as pj. Next year it’s thermals . On the bright side I brought a beautiful monson dress in street for £30 . Plus just got on the scales and lost 2 lb which now officially takes my BMI to 29 . So I gone from morbidly obese to overweight amazing

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 32517 wrote:

I just got back from my holiday camping , I had a wonderful time . What a difference in a year last year I was driven to and from event , but this year It was 20 minute walk . I had no difficulties with food and even managed to go our for a meal chicken Caesar salad . I did find it cold at night and wore four tee shirts as well as pj. Next year it’s thermals . On the bright side I brought a beautiful monson dress in street for £30 . Plus just got on the scales and lost 2 lb which now officially takes my BMI to 29 . So I gone from morbidly obese to overweight amazing

I actually can’t tell you how happy this post makes me Kim. I delighted for you and your loved ones. And I’m incredibly proud of YOU. What next? The Brecon Beacons?!

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Oh I think that too cold doodah lol .i also brought a coat in monsoon on the hottest day of the year but it was in the sale and I know I will defiantly need that this year. It is wonderful shopping for my self rather than every one else but if I’m honest I was very overwhelmed by having so much choice , I’m use to having what fit and if I’m lucky in a colour other than black . It’s a new experience spending money on myself and it’s not as easy as I thought . I do hope it get better , I had to keep,saying to my self it’s” ok you can have this if you want to you deserve it because you are worth it . “

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 32521 wrote:

Oh I think that too cold doodah lol .i also brought a coat in monsoon on the hottest day of the year but it was in the sale and I know I will defiantly need that this year. It is wonderful shopping for my self rather than every one else but if I’m honest I was very overwhelmed by having so much choice , I’m use to having what fit and if I’m lucky in a colour other than black . It’s a new experience spending money on myself and it’s not as easy as I thought . I do hope it get better , I had to keep,saying to my self it’s” ok you can have this if you want to you deserve it because you are worth it . “

What a clever thing to do – buy a coat in Summer before you need it and at a really good price!

I love monsoon. My very first treat to myself clothing wise was from there. A beautiful coral pink cardigan. I still have it. I know what you mean about being overwhelmed by choice. I really should drop the habit of buying duplicates in different colours if I find something I like that fits. It’s not necessary anymore but old habits and all that….

As for the being worth it – I could not agree more. You really are 🙂

Doodah x

bikerchris
    Participant

I’m so glad you had a lovely time camping Kimberly, and I know it gets cold at night even in July! That doesn’t bode well for my camping trip in September, even though I’ll be abroad, I’m up in the mountains so I’m thinking thermals, fleecy jimjams and a jumper for sleeping. I am SO MUCH looking forward to the trip though, especially as just 4 months ago, I would not even have considered it.

Life is good

Chris x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media