Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

6 moths post op

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Ganny
    Participant

Hi All,
    I am officially now 6 months post op and having been weighed yesterday nearly 8 stones lighter and I feel good. Life is worth getting out of bed for everyday now, I am not thinking about food all the time now, I have so much more energy and for once in my whole life I am beginning to love ME.
    Had my first “my God I wouldn’t have known unless you spoke to me” moment the other day and that was fantastic and yesterday I had a meeting at the gym with my referal consultant and I am now just “obese” instead of when I started of “super morbedly obese” and that felt great as well. I have lost about 10% of my body fat, my resting heart rate is down and that was after doing a water exercise class, so am I feeling good about me and life you bet your sweet a- – e I am.
    Another great thing will happen in a couple of weeks time I am seeing my son for the first time since my op as he has been away serving in Afghan, think he will be pleased when he see’s his old mum lol.
    Elaine xx

Trudy1

Hi
    You are such an inspiration to someone like me just starting out 2 weeks post op. THat is amazing weight loss you must be so proud. Congatulations
    Best Wishes Trudy

ruby tuesday

What a lovely post, thank you Ganny for sharing, and well done on the truly stunning loss of 8 stone, my goodness! Lovely to hear how happy you are, that you go to the gym and are doing well there, and that you look so different too, that must feel just great! Well done. xx

johncg

Well done ganny

It is the big and little comments from others that make you feel on cloud nine. A work bate yesterday asked me if I have list weight and I felt ten foot….

Good luck with reunion with your son, also I don’t know him but anyone in our armed forces I admire please pass on my thanks to him for keeping me and my family safe. God bless him

Love John xxxx

Rosie Posie
    Ganny wrote:
    Hi All,
    I am officially now 6 months post op and having been weighed yesterday nearly 8 stones lighter and I feel good. Life is worth getting out of bed for everyday now, I am not thinking about food all the time now, I have so much more energy and for once in my whole life I am beginning to love ME.
    Had my first “my God I wouldn’t have known unless you spoke to me” moment the other day and that was fantastic and yesterday I had a meeting at the gym with my referal consultant and I am now just “obese” instead of when I started of “super morbedly obese” and that felt great as well. I have lost about 10% of my body fat, my resting heart rate is down and that was after doing a water exercise class, so am I feeling good about me and life you bet your sweet a- – e I am.
    Another great thing will happen in a couple of weeks time I am seeing my son for the first time since my op as he has been away serving in Afghan, think he will be pleased when he see’s his old mum lol.
    Elaine xx

Well done Ganny really pleased for you. Which op did you have? Keep the good work up. Your son will be proud of you. Love Rosie x

Sent from my iPad using WLS FORUM

Ganny
    Participant

Hi All,
    Thank you for your lovely comments, Rosie I had a bypass and it is the best thing I have done for ME.
    John thanks for what you said about my son, I am really proud of him but then I would be as his mum but it is nice to hear that what he does is so much appreiciated, though as he would tell you he is only doing his job.
    Elaine xx

luckyflower

Wow Ganny well done. Great to hear of someone moving on so positively! I think your son will be proud too!

78rpm

excellent results well done!

Doodah
    Keymaster

Please give my respect and thanks to your son when you see him. We are a service family (RAF and Army) and know the sacrifices they make on a daily basis. He is going to burst with pride when he sees you xxxx

sonia kidman

Hi Elaine

It is great to hear you so happy,also that you will see your son again as I remember you talking about him when we were in hospital,well as 6 months I have now lost 4.5 stone and can’t belive how great I feel.Also like you I am enjoying being me for the first time in 36 years.Well done on your weight loss it is fantastic you are going to have to send a picture so I can see you.Are you on Facebook?
    Well done and keep up the good work BIG hugs to a wonderful lady x x x

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media