Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

6 months… My story so far!

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Pre- Weight Loss Surgery » 6 months… My story so far!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Johnpettet

Hi all,
    Sorry for not being back sooner!! Today is my 6th months post op!! … It’s been great! A few hick ups being sick, food getting suck but it’s a long road BUT…..I FEEL GREAT!!!…. I’ve used my lap band as a tool! I know sometimes I have eaten too quickly or not chewed enough! And felt the force of the food getting stuck! It will take time and you will chew more! Eat smaller mouthfuls! …. I’ve done lots of exercise!! I’ve done a London 2 Brighton on my bike & lots of other bike rides too date! I started my journey with Chris Pring at Gatwick 24.9st! (158.2kg) And today at my fill I was 20.4st(129.8 kg)!! It’s been a great 6 months! But you have to work at it, it’s a change of life style and how you think about food!

Take care people!!
    John xx

Lelly

@Johnpettet 34376 wrote:

Hi all,
    Sorry for not being back sooner!! Today is my 6th months post op!! … It’s been great! A few hick ups being sick, food getting suck but it’s a long road BUT…..I FEEL GREAT!!!…. I’ve used my lap band as a tool! I know sometimes I have eaten too quickly or not chewed enough! And felt the force of the food getting stuck! It will take time and you will chew more! Eat smaller mouthfuls! …. I’ve done lots of exercise!! I’ve done a London 2 Brighton on my bike & lots of other bike rides too date! I started my journey with Chris Pring at Gatwick 24.9st! (158.2kg) And today at my fill I was 20.4st(129.8 kg)!! It’s been a great 6 months! But you have to work at it, it’s a change of life style and how you think about food!

Take care people!!
    John xx

Well done you John, nice to hear from you and so pleased that you are happy and active and therefore healthier, keep up the good work and don’t be a stranger

Lelly

bikerchris
    Participant

That’s brilliant John and congratulations. I love to hear of people’s achievements, cycling all that way. Wow! For me, being able to get active has been such a joy. I go walking every day and am so happy that I can. In fact, it’s 6.30am and my dog is looking at me so I’d better be off!

Chris xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Johnpettet 34376 wrote:

Hi all,

Take care people!!
    John xx

Hi John.

Thank you for the update. My life, you are doing well! London to Brighton is fantastic. You must feel absolutely (in the words of my teenage niece) EPIC!

Congratulations on your hard work. You are 100% right – it is a tool you have to learn to work with. You are obviously doing it right! Well done, John and thank you for keeping in touch. It’s always so inspiring to newbies to hear how well things are going. Onwards and downwards 🙂

Doodah x

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media