Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

5 months in…………..

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Bariatric patient experiences » 5 months in…………..

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

hi guys, i am about 5 1/2 months post op from my gastric bypass at st richards by the fabulous mr guy slater. I have lost 6 stone 4lbs to date and am feeling fantastic. I am moving house soon so decided a good old clear out of my wardrobe was in order. I found a pair of size 20 jeans that i wore on my first date with my now husband, i thought i would try them on just to see how far off i was of them fitting. And, to my utter amazement, not only did they do up, they was actually quite loose. That was one of those moments when you feel like crying because for the first time in a long time i felt soooooo proud of myself and what i have acheived in such a short time. I still have about 3 – 4 stone to loose and the weight loss has slowed down to between 2 and 3 lb a week but hard work in the gym and having a toddler to run around after means that i know i will get there eventually and i fully understand that it is no longer a race it is a life change. And i must finish by saying that if there are any people out there considering weight loss surgery from my own experience i say do it, your life will change for the better x x x x x x x x

Doodah
    Keymaster

@katiemarshall1984 25543 wrote:

hi guys, i am about 5 1/2 months post op from my gastric bypass at st richards by the fabulous mr guy slater. I have lost 6 stone 4lbs to date and am feeling fantastic. I am moving house soon so decided a good old clear out of my wardrobe was in order. I found a pair of size 20 jeans that i wore on my first date with my now husband, i thought i would try them on just to see how far off i was of them fitting. And, to my utter amazement, not only did they do up, they was actually quite loose. That was one of those moments when you feel like crying because for the first time in a long time i felt soooooo proud of myself and what i have acheived in such a short time. I still have about 3 – 4 stone to loose and the weight loss has slowed down to between 2 and 3 lb a week but hard work in the gym and having a toddler to run around after means that i know i will get there eventually and i fully understand that it is no longer a race it is a life change. And i must finish by saying that if there are any people out there considering weight loss surgery from my own experience i say do it, your life will change for the better x x x x x x x x

Thank you SO much for sharing this with us Katie. The bit about the jeans gave me goose bumps (gulp) as I have been in exactly the same situation.

I remember getting down to a weight where I weighed less than my husband and having a good old cry. I had weighed almost double what he did for 20 years. I felt like a little fairy haha! When I eventually put on his jeans and they fell right off me, I thought I was dreaming!!

Well done indeed on all your hard work. You must feel absolutely fantastic and I bet your husband and family are so proud of you!! 2-3 pounds a week is a magnificent loss still so don’t be disappointed with it. Like you say, it’s not a race to win, it’s a race for life. I’m very, very happy for you :-))

Doodah x

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media