Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

4 days post op – my experience

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    tinkly_roars

Hi everyone

Thanks to those of you that have been wishing me well for my op and recovery. Its lovely to know that so many people have been thinking of me.

Well i’ve been at home for 2 days since being discharged from the Nuffield Wessex 48 hours after my op. Generally i’m feeling ok and am managing small amounts of pureed food as per the advice given by the dietician. I haven’t felt full after i’ve eaten my ramekin dish of pureed beef casserole or lentil and carrot soup etc , but equally i haven’t felt hungry at all……how wierd after a lifetime of thinking about nothing more than what my next meal is going to be!!!! lol

There is only one area that I seem to be struggling with……….wind!!! (i’m a Laaady – should i even be mentioning this??!!! lol).

As soon as i woke up from the op i was in a serious amount of pain due to wind being trapped under my rib cage. However, a small amount of morphine later and the pain improved. The problem has continued though and i am constantly with the feeling that i am full of wind. This has continued since and surprisingly it feels worse when i drink rather than after i’ve eaten. I’m aware that i should be having around 2 litres of fluid per day, and i know i’m falling short (i have the headaches to prove it!!). I just find that everytime i have a drink i can feel the wind going down and getting stuck. I’ve tried drinking cold drinks with and without a straw – makes no difference!

I’m trying to get out and walk as much as i feel comfortable to do, around the block etc, as i’m hoping that this will help to push the wind through my tubes etc. Has anyone else suffered with this and have they got any top tips to help or is this something that sorts itself out in time?

Thanks for listening…
    Tinks xx

mandyl

congratulations hun.
    only in for 48hrs wow thats quick xx

Emily.p

Oh the wind it’s horrible the only thing you can do is keep moving that’s the best way to get it moving. It generally takes a week to get out of your system so a little longer and you should start to feel better.

Emily

Fenella

Very relieved to hear from you. Hopefully someone with experience will be along soon with advice, exercise is the only thing I am aware of, like you, for the wind which seems to be a common problem. You must be hugely relieved it’s over, please can we swop as I’m getting nervous for Tuesday?!

tinkly_roars

@Fenella 15402 wrote:

Very relieved to hear from you. Hopefully someone with experience will be along soon with advice, exercise is the only thing I am aware of, like you, for the wind which seems to be a common problem. You must be hugely relieved it’s over, please can we swop as I’m getting nervous for Tuesday?!

Hi Fenella
    You really don’t need to be nervous but i was too so i do know how you are feeling. I hope all goes well with your op next week. I’ll be thinking of you. Where are you having your op?

Tinks

Fenella

@tinkly_roars 15403 wrote:

Hi Fenella
    You really don’t need to be nervous but i was too so i do know how you are feeling. I hope all goes well with your op next week. I’ll be thinking of you. Where are you having your op?

Tinks

At Clementine Churchill, Harrow. Hope you, ahem, let the wind out….. that’s the most laaadylike way I can express it! 🙂

Irene

Hi Tinks,
    Try put your arm up above your head as if in a stretchy. Thye gas they pump into us tends to collect up in the shoulder and can be released with raising your arms.
    Hope that helps.
    Glad you are home and doing well.
    See you soon.

Streamliner

as I always say to everyone that I pop in to see….don’t mind me, let the wind go free……:-) regular short walks, sips of peppermint tea should really ease it quickly.

Ganny
    Participant

Wind is a terrible pain and as everyone says walking is the best way to get rid of it and peppermint tea does help as well, it was what I suffered with the most but after about a week it does ease off, but if you do need to let it go where ever you are you must feel free to do so and just say sorry afterwards lol.xx

Ms Ellie

Just let it all out!

Renn

Hi

Glad to hear you are home. Yes, the wind can be dreadful but it will ease. You sound like you’ve had good advice already and are doing all you can. Yes, it’s great not feeling hungry…that’s when you know you’ve made the right decision. Rest when you can…lying on your side with a pillow helps a bit. hope to see you soon as we’re local. Best wishes from
    Madeleine (Renn)

miss missy

hi.wind is the most awful thing.i was in agony in the hospital and even now 11 weeks post op i have bad wind every single day.from both ends im afraid.my kids go mad at me but i just tell them i cant bloody help it and im not keeping not keeping it in and being in agony.xxx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Tinks

I agree with everyone else – no time for being a laydee just let it out!! You should have heard what emitted form me post op!!! just smile sweetly, apologise and say ‘I’ve just had surgery’ xxxx

Love Doodah x

Anonymous

Tinks,

Can you bottle it? I jest just to put a little light on a somewhat embarrasing problem…
    Imagine if we all saved it. we could make a mint on trumpy gas….. might be good for turbos….

Otherwise sweetheart it is natural, smile and make fun of it, hopefully it will ease before you blow your pants off…
    My dogs disown me everytime…. and even occasionally check their own butts..it does make me giggle but then bottom burps have always been my humour….

I wont mind if you trump… I and a lot of others will join you…. in a trump fanfare…..

Keep smiling…. Its only gas…. created by your stomach which is now trying toadjust to the new rules…..

A belly rebelion…..

Hopefully this reply is taken in the context it is written with a smile on my face and one brewing….LMSAO.

Buzz xxx

Renn

Hi

It’s been windy in Gosport since my op on 17/4/10 now we have a double helping with the addition of Tinkly roars. HELP. I was in the loo recently and a couple of girls were hysterical at me when I came out they were even redder. I guess it’s the only way to get laughs now they can’t laugh at us for being FAT! haha

Have a great week guys and gals.

Madeleine (Renn)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media